Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 01:18 PM

3 posts, read 9,486 times

Advertisements

I stand corrected. nkvette is right! When I did the search for prisons in Clifton the Boot Camp was all that came up. I lived 5 miles from a medium security prison growing up so that doesn't bother me as much as if it where maximum security. But thanks for the heads up. Our lot does not face that way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 10:54 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,095,235 times
Smile Yes, we did find our plot, daniellefort!

That worked the best for us also, daniellefort. We didn't have to worry about app't times, getting the realtor back to her office for another client, and we could take lots of sidetracks.

Our realtor emailed me that she never had such easy clients. She had never even gone out to the property. We arranged with the Health Dept., surveyor, developer, and a couple of builders on our own. We had plenty of good sources to contact, however, mainly thanks to SmokyMtnGal, our guardian angel.

We are waiting to close in a couple of weeks. The property is in a small (very small) development just SE of Maryville. It takes about 10 to go from pastoral setting with views of the Smokies to being in town. Couldn't be better for us.

Thanks for asking. I'll be sending you a PM.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:45 PM

12 posts, read 57,155 times
Default Ross Creek Ridge is a Bait & Switch NO DEAL!!

My husband and I returned from the Ross Creek Ridge sale in Clifton and please read my message on the Clifton thread. I don't know about HoHum and others but I would never buy from these people and the prison (boot camp, whatever) is less than a quarter mile from all the roads in the development in the valley- and IT IS HUGE!

Old 11-26-2007, 12:48 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,126,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilyn View Post
My husband and I returned from the Ross Creek Ridge sale in Clifton and please read my message on the Clifton thread. I don't know about HoHum and others but I would never buy from these people and the prison (boot camp, whatever) is less than a quarter mile from all the roads in the development in the valley- and IT IS HUGE!
Sorry it didn't work out for you, but it's not surprising.

Now you know why we try to warn people to be careful with these types of developments.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:08 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,025,792 times
bilyn, I read what you wrote about this place on the other thread. It is just heartbreaking. Please know that there are lots of land available all over this state for you, and it would be very affordable.

Don't let this bad experience change your mind, please.

Welcome to Tennessee.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:55 AM

2 posts, read 6,283 times
Default To all you nay sayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
bilyn, I read what you wrote about this place on the other thread. It is just heartbreaking. Please know that there are lots of land available all over this state for you, and it would be very affordable.

Don't let this bad experience change your mind, please.

Welcome to Tennessee.

Ross Creek Ridge sold over 90 pieces of property in 4 hours. The people who showed up and bought were all happy. Southland log homes was there offering a Log Cabin package for 40k. I did the research on this from a local Southland Franchise for that same package and they quoted me $87,000.

I feel sorry for most of you on this website. You have posted thousands of negative posts and I bet 98% of you will never ever buy a piece of property in your lifetime because you are too aftaid to get off the pot.

I was very inpressed with the property. It was one mile away from the number 1 public golf course in the entire state, two miles away from the marina, and had views of over 50 miles away. No, it's not in Nashville or Memphis, but that's the point. I wanted something away from the city.

I also understand that they are opening a section called the Farms and these properties are flatter with more usable space. You can check out thier website at Tennessee Waterfront Properties for Sale TN Land Investment Property . I was very impressed...so much so, I may go buy a second plot for my kids.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:20 AM

37,729 posts, read 40,764,681 times
So, what do people from big towns/cities in Florida do with themselves all day when they move an hour away from things they are accustomed to doing/having?

Old 02-17-2008, 01:21 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,379,634 times
Landman, glad it worked out for you! How long have you been living there?

Old 02-17-2008, 06:42 PM

31 posts, read 134,273 times
landman, sounds like you are a salesperson for rosscreek,......no one else has expressed your views of the sale. If not, glad you are happy with your 1/2 acre useable lot by the prison.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:07 PM

851 posts, read 2,447,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandMan08 View Post
Ross Creek Ridge sold over 90 pieces of property in 4 hours. The people who showed up and bought were all happy. Southland log homes was there offering a Log Cabin package for 40k. I did the research on this from a local Southland Franchise for that same package and they quoted me $87,000.

I feel sorry for most of you on this website. You have posted thousands of negative posts and I bet 98% of you will never ever buy a piece of property in your lifetime because you are too aftaid to get off the pot.

I was very inpressed with the property. It was one mile away from the number 1 public golf course in the entire state, two miles away from the marina, and had views of over 50 miles away. No, it's not in Nashville or Memphis, but that's the point. I wanted something away from the city.

I also understand that they are opening a section called the Farms and these properties are flatter with more usable space. You can check out thier website at Tennessee Waterfront Properties for Sale TN Land Investment Property . I was very impressed...so much so, I may go buy a second plot for my kids.

You are right they are opening another area, called Ross Creek Farms. They are advertising here in Florida. 3acres with Log cabin only $59,900.00 (2,128 square foot log cabin package) Saturday March 8th only! Unbeleivable savings! 1-866-999-2290 ext 1734.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee