Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 02:33 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times

Advertisements

I lived in New England for 34 years and can't drive in the snow, at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 08:54 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,804,604 times
Snow is forecast here for the next few days.
Bad news - no trip to Tennessee this year - just can't afford it right now, with my daughter's wedding 3 weeks ago, and the remodelling projects going on.

I'm bummed, but we'll get there eventually.

blessings, Shen

Old 11-05-2007, 09:01 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,804,604 times
A nearby area to us is booming (Cranberry Twp), just north of Pittsburgh, lots of new jobs coming in (8k to 13k), with Westinghouse building a new office complex, huge office complexes spreading out, with a building boom, new housing, etc, so the suburbs of the suburb is slowly spreading out. I keep talking up our township and school district on the Pittsburgh forum, so that when we are ready to move, we'll get mucho $$ for our place.

blessings, Shen

Old 11-05-2007, 10:17 PM

323 posts, read 742,138 times
When my husband moved us "Down Home". The kids started school that fall. By that time we had the first ...what I call a skiff of snow. The schools closed down tight. That morning I wondered where the bus was.

I asked him. Why isn't there any school? Criminies it's only a dusting.

I came from Michigan near the lakes. 10/20 ft snow drifts were the norm and most of the time there was school. Then he took me for a drive where the buses go on the routes. Ravines etc right up at the road edge. I understand now. lmao
Still ain't nothing compared to up there. But I understand if you aren't used to deep snow it's harder to know how to deal with it. His first job down here. He was hired because they needed nothern climate experienced drivers to run in the snow.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:17 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
It was chilly here this morning, then by the time I drove home from the office this afternoon I had to turn on the car air conditioner, then we had some pretty heavy storms, then tonight it's suppose to get down below freezing I believe.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:37 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,135,408 times
Smile Real rain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
It was chilly here this morning, then by the time I drove home from the office this afternoon I had to turn on the car air conditioner, then we had some pretty heavy storms, then tonight it's suppose to get down below freezing I believe.
My, how the weather has turned. You had heavy storms with actual rain? Send some our way, please.

Hubby and I are driving up to Maryville in the morning. I guess I better bring a coat, mittens, scarf, boots, umbrella, handwarmers, wool socks - anything else, alleycat?

Old 11-06-2007, 01:06 AM

Happy trails, gemthornton!

Does anyone know what I should do with my lettuce and scallion plants? It's suppose to get down into the 20s, tonight. Should I cover them with a sheet, or something?

Old 11-06-2007, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Happy trails, gemthornton!

Does anyone know what I should do with my lettuce and scallion plants? It's suppose to get down into the 20s, tonight. Should I cover them with a sheet, or something?
A sheet probably wouldn't be enough. Got an old blanket? The heavier the better. Whatever you do don't use plastic.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemthornton View Post
My, how the weather has turned. You had heavy storms with actual rain? Send some our way, please.

Hubby and I are driving up to Maryville in the morning. I guess I better bring a coat, mittens, scarf, boots, umbrella, handwarmers, wool socks - anything else, alleycat?
Long Johns and a bottle of Jack Daniels . . .

;-)

Old 11-06-2007, 01:20 AM

Thanks Alleycat! I hope they make it. Maybe I should just have a salad and forget the blanket!

Umm, do you and I actually sleep?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee