Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 04:33 PM

2 posts, read 6,503 times

Advertisements

I havent figured out how to post a question so I hope I get some feedback. We will be moving to Adamsville, TN soon and would like to know if we will have internet connection and with what company and also what cellphone service works best near Old Stage Road and Dogwood Lane? Dogwood is a dirt road off of Old Stage Road...any information would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 04:28 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
Adamsville is a nice little town. Your internet connection will depend on whether you are within town limits or how far out of the town your property is located. While our street has cable/dsl, neither has reached our property and we are using satellite. After having high speed cable in NYC, this is like reverting back to using a 426 computer. Slow isn't the word.

As for cellphone service, honestly the only way to know is to go to the property and try it out. Our is in a pocket where we get no cellphone service until we either go out into the woods in back or walk into the middle of the street, even though it shows us being in an "orange" area on the service map.

Last edited by NY Annie; 05-05-2013 at 04:49 PM..

Old 05-06-2013, 01:23 PM

2 posts, read 6,503 times
Thank you NY Annie, your info was helpful...

Old 05-07-2013, 12:18 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
You're welcome. We moved here from NYC (ergo my screen name). Coming here from the Florida Panhandle (McDill AFB area), you won't find as enormous a change, but it is different (My brother still lives outside McDill). Adamsville has a quaint town center and there are 2 auction houses and a huge fleamarket in Crump. Other than that, you'll probably head to Savannah for most of your shopping with trips to either Jackson, TN or Corinth, MS for big shopping.

Good luck with the move and don't hesitate to ask me anything either in PM or here on the forums. It's a great area to live.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:51 PM

3 posts, read 8,375 times
i was born there . my family goes back gwrenations we left when i was young my mother remarried i can back when i was a teenager left again family still there some day i will come home for good adamsville was a great safe to be someday i hope my kids and granskidas will see the place and see were the old storys come from your lucky to live there

Old 09-09-2013, 11:54 PM

good place to grow up and raise a family closed to norman rockwell ideal of living as your going to get now adays wish i could go home

Old 09-10-2013, 06:00 PM

263 posts, read 613,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missit View Post
i was born there . my family goes back gwrenations we left when i was young my mother remarried i can back when i was a teenager left again family still there some day i will come home for good adamsville was a great safe to be someday i hope my kids and granskidas will see the place and see were the old storys come from your lucky to live there
Did you go to school in Adamsville? Just curious.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:01 PM

first grade and a little of second we also moved when mother got remarried and yes it was a great place and safe 90 percent of my family still live there

Old 02-13-2015, 01:14 PM

2 posts, read 2,885 times
Hi NY Annie , I was born and raised on L.I. NY and I purchased a pc. of property on hwy 22 n in 2009 . its about 5 miles north of Adamsville , but still in the city limits. I noticed on google earth that I have neighbors that were not there the last time I came down , about 3 years ago . I plan to move down in a few years . I would like to get some new info on who built homes by Meeks Loop on hwy 22 . thanks NY Mickey.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:17 AM

60 posts, read 108,778 times
We moved here in mid-January to a log home off HWY 224. We came from NW IL to get away from the winters there and the high taxes. We brought with us 2 Labradors and 5 outdoor cats who are still indoors (sigh.) They are terrified of the outside here and want nothing to do with it. Once the weather is warm and we can leave doors open, I'm sure they will want to be out. They are behaving but the litter boxes need cleaning multiple times a day and I'm getting real tired of it!

Our first project was putting up a chain-link fence for the dogs so they could run and play -- we had acreage in IL and they are not used to leashes. We are 5 miles outside of town and have woods but are too close to people/cows/traffic for the dogs to be free.

Annie is right ---- Adamsville is a cute little town as is Selmer (we are between the two.) Savannah is there for Lowes which we seem to visit daily. We are trying to make this place 'ours' and that takes lots of doing. Still doesn't feel like it but we are gaining ground. I am a avid gardener and am anxious to see what comes up in the spring and how the ground is to work. It looks very "clayeee" so will probably need lots of amendment. I left all of my plants in IL because the ground was frozen and covered with multiple feet of snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee