Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:43 AM

665 posts, read 1,921,037 times

Advertisements

you are all to funny, you make me laugh! If I see one of those cows getting loose, I am running, I dont care how stupd they may be THEY are BIGGER than me ...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 10:47 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,143,688 times
Next time you go by, get a handful of long grass and hold it out for the cows. Don't worry, they won't snap at you.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:10 AM

665 posts, read 1,921,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Next time you go by, get a handful of long grass and hold it out for the cows. Don't worry, they won't snap at you.
Uhmmmm, I am NOT that brave! For now I will admire them on the other side of the wire,maybe in future time I may, or if a farmer stands with me and his cows, so he can protect me if something goes wrong

Old 11-05-2007, 11:14 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,388,119 times
Quote:
That's udderly ridiculous. First they will ask about your family going back six generations . . .
lol your pun is not lost on me! lol

Old 11-05-2007, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyll View Post
Uhmmmm, I am NOT that brave! For now I will admire them on the other side of the wire,maybe in future time I may, or if a farmer stands with me and his cows, so he can protect me if something goes wrong
Okay, well then, just remember the next time you go pass that you may be looking at your future matching leather pumps and handbag.

You might not want to mention that to the cows however. They can be touchy on the subject.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:41 AM

3,961 posts, read 10,602,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyll View Post
you are all to funny, you make me laugh! If I see one of those cows getting loose, I am running, I dont care how stupd they may be THEY are BIGGER than me ...lol
Ohhhh, now that's exactly what you DON'T want to do. If you run, they will definitely chase. And when they chase, they.....well...., just don't run.

Kidding, of course. My husband grew up on a cattle ranch. I've spent a lot of time there, and can tell you that loose or not, you are in no danger around these creatures.

(Couldn't let alleycat have ALL the fun!)

Old 11-05-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Ohhhh, now that's exactly what you DON'T want to do. If you run, they will definitely chase. And when they chase, they.....well...., just don't run.
Yeah, be careful. Sometimes they will climb up into the trees and jump out at people, letting out a blood-curdling "MooooooooooHoooooooooooo!" as they do.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:49 AM

4,872 posts, read 4,986,727 times
You heard the old saying, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Remember, to the cows you are on the other side of the fence.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:08 PM

598 posts, read 2,261,842 times
Quote:
... and they have the most velvety soft fur on the tops of their noses

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyll
Don't worry, the last thing they are thinking of if they get out is heading towards you. To most escapees the sight of humans means going back to the barn! LOL

Old 11-05-2007, 12:51 PM

73 posts, read 364,496 times
Do this, it's fun! I know cause I've tried it.

Go into the cow pasture and if the cows are not close by, jump up and down and wave your arms to get their attention. Then lie on your back on the ground and wait. The cows will come and gather around you in a circle. They are very curious animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee