Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 09:28 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkholme View Post
I promise I won't laugh out loud at anyone in particular until I am in the privacy of my own home or vehicle.

I just ask the same courtesy come summertime. Anything higher than 80 degrees is just miserable to me The AC will be blasting and I will be whining, lol!
Remember too that only one in ten of us even know the rules of hockey (somewhat less than that actually care). We're learning . . . but slowly. Go Predators!

And one of the definitions of the word "fixing" in the dictionary is "to intend". This one seems to give people from Michigan a lot of trouble. So if you hear someone say "I'm fixing to go to the store", giggle under your breath.

;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 10:06 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
It's offical. I'm a true Tennessean! MBMouse says there might be a few flakes and I am thrilled out of my mind!
I didn't say it, Johny Woods from Chanel 5 said, I was just passing it along so don't shoot the messenger if it doesn't happen!

Old 11-07-2007, 10:20 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,855 times
Don't be surprised driving up 11W when a 4 wheel drive vehicle passes you in the lane with no tire tracks doing 55mph, covers your windshield with slush and hits a power pole up ahead.
This year i'm getting his wallet....lol

Old 11-07-2007, 10:34 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
I didn't say it, Johny Woods from Chanel 5 said, I was just passing it along so don't shoot the messenger if it doesn't happen!
Oh, don't worry! It's Tennessee. I don't actually expect snow.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:47 PM

35 posts, read 110,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Remember too that only one in ten of us even know the rules of hockey (somewhat less than that actually care). We're learning . . . but slowly. Go Predators!
That's quite alright, I'm not a hockey fan either. I'm a football fan through and through. I've been practicing my "Go Vols!"... I think I'll fit right in

Old 11-07-2007, 12:52 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
Quote:
That's quite alright, I'm not a hockey fan either. I'm a football fan through and through. I've been practicing my "Go Vols!"... I think I'll fit right in
Oh, yeah, that'll do it.

Also, Go Titans!

Old 11-07-2007, 10:29 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,367,303 times
Quote:
A lot of people told me this and I just couldn't believe it was true! Coming from the Great Lakes area, nothing short of a few feet of snow gives me any concern. I almost can't wait to see this in action, lmao.
You have to realize we get ice here, and if that condition exists , its really hard to drive.
I moved here from NJ, over a year ago and I have heard Northerners tell Tennesseans that they never had snow days which is entirely false information. Snow days were built into the calendar in NJ, and they were sometimes used with barely anything on the ground.

Diane

Old 11-07-2007, 10:38 PM

182 posts, read 780,231 times
OMG .. I'VE orig from ny , ,long island to be exact, been living in so.fla for the past 13 yrs . i'm getting more and more nervous reading your posts about ice and snow .

what's that ????

Old 11-08-2007, 07:17 AM

6 posts, read 30,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post

And one of the definitions of the word "fixing" in the dictionary is "to intend". This one seems to give people from Michigan a lot of trouble. So if you hear someone say "I'm fixing to go to the store", giggle under your breath.

;-)
I'm here from South Fl and my favorite saying so far is "Bless your Heart"
I think I spent the first month smiling at that one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
View detailed profiles of: