Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 02:54 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times

Advertisements

And it isn't even Thanksgiving yet! LOL I woke up this morning to about 47 degrees and Johnny Wood on the news saying that there was a dusting of snow on Roan mountain and a possibility of snow flurries today in North East TN. I went to a meeting today at 12:00 in Kingsport and when I came out at about 1:15 nit was 34 degrees.I got in the car, started driving away and saw some drops of rain on the windshield. Within a minute I thought I saw some white hit the windshield, within a mile there were snow flurries, very light, but it was all around. I felt like a little kid and said out loud (there was no one with me in the car mind you) "Snow! It is really snowing!" hhahahaha
I got to Gray around 3:30 and there was even more snow flurries floating around. I love it! Nothing on the ground of course and I don't think it is even large enough flakes to catch on camera, but I love the fact that it was the coldest feeling day so far and there was snow, in my mind the two should always go hand in hand. The coolest thing is today is the most colorful day I have seen yet this season as far as tree colors go. There is dark and bright yellows, 5 different shades of red, maroon, orange both deep and light, then to see snow flakes in those trees...................yea, beautiful day in North East TN today, just had to share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 03:01 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
I was just going to start a thread.

About 1 p.m., I said to my co-workers, "Watch, it's going to snow."

Sure enough, at about 3:15 it started snowing here, too.

I wasn't much, like you said, MBMouse, but it was enough to make me laugh and come home and put on Christmas music!

By the way, I talk to myself in the car all the time.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:20 PM

13,355 posts, read 39,968,931 times
I was driving around downtown Knoxville when the flurries started this afternoon. I think I actually did a dance right there in the driver's seat of my car. The first snow of the year is always exciting. But it's even more exciting when you couple it with the fall colors which are absolutely BRILLIANT right now. woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-15-2007, 03:26 PM

96 posts, read 356,757 times
I'm jealous I missed it all. Maybe it will snow overnight and we'll have a big snow tomorrow I can't wait to start the christmas music when I get home, I guess I'll sing all the way home.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:35 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I was driving around downtown Knoxville when the flurries started this afternoon. I think I actually did a dance right there in the driver's seat of my car. The first snow of the year is always exciting. But it's even more exciting when you couple it with the fall colors which are absolutely BRILLIANT right now. woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Heheheheh ok, I think I feel better now about talking to myself in the car knowing that JMT butt dances on the seat of his car LOL!!!
Just kidding JMT, you know I love ya!

Watching the 5:30 news now and the weather man says there MIGHT be from a light dusting to an inch in higher elevations (meaning Sam and Buckner's Gap in Unicoi and Roan Mountain areas) but not saying any more for the valley areas.....but we know how weather men are...maybe we will get some tomorrow after all?
My youngest son came running in from off the bus yelling" MOM!!! It's snowing, can I go out and play????? LOL!

Old 11-15-2007, 03:41 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
. . .laugh and come home and put on Christmas music!
Oh, no. It's bad enough that the malls start playing Christmas music right after Labor Day.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:05 PM

Get a load of our forecast!

7-Day Forecast for Latitude 36.12N and Longitude -84.06W (Elev. 1056 ft)

And just for Alleycat:

Woez88, Knoxville, Tennessee, Relaxing, Music, Easy Listening, Jazz, Big Band

Old 11-15-2007, 04:17 PM

7,542 posts, read 17,238,441 times
WOOOOOOOOO!!! I was out walking, en route to Sitar, when it was snowing the hardest. I loved it when I got into the restaurant... it's sooo steamy because of the buffet. it was hard to go back outside, though!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:19 PM

1,697 posts, read 6,806,957 times
I was positively thrilled by the snow, it flurried for several hours in Bristol. But the foliage I saw while driving there this morning was amazing! It almost looked surreal. A lot of leaves are gone but those left are going out in a blaze of glory. I didn't have my camera w/ me but may go out tomorrow to snap a few shots.

Snow & fall foliage, two things I'll never, ever get enough of!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:31 PM

I noticed the same thing.

When we were in the middle of spring and all her glorious flowering trees, we had a freeze, and it killed the blooms.

Finally, we had the peak of the foliage, which was quite lovely, considering the drought, and it snows!

What a bizarre year!

That's why I thought it would snow early, and perhaps often, this winter. It's been an ironic year.

And we will take any kind of precipitation that we can get. Here's to a couple of blizzards!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee