Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2013, 07:40 AM

69 posts, read 98,593 times

Advertisements

In the coming years I plan to move down south due to my lack of liking towards cold weather, rude people, expensive cost of living, and the rush mentality. Now, I'm still young to ever pack my bags and I understand that everything is based on employment but the thing is, once I have gotten my S-2 (journeyman) license for HVAC then I will look to relocate. My question is, how is the HVAC business in Tennessee and are there (would you say) good job prospects for this field? Finally, what are some affordable places to live for a mid 20 something (that's the age range when I'll get my license)?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 06:15 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,512,977 times
Check with in this link Board for Licensing Contractors - Home on what is required by the State of Tennessee . Then pick what metropolitan area your interested in and inquire. Use the local Chamber of Commerce for that City / Town / County then look under the business directory for HAVAC Contractors. Plus while at that Chamber of Commerce inquire about your needs and be specific on your age- activities - education and so on. The Chambers will bend over backwards too assist your needs. "BUT" be fore warned you will also get tons of junk and spam...

Old 11-30-2013, 07:24 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,970,572 times
I would think HVAC tech's would be in demand in every city. It's like a plumber or roofer where every property owner has a need for the service. Hiller just opened a new business in Cookeville and is hiring.

If you want to stay out of the rat race then stay away from all the big cities.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:12 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,424,664 times
Pretty good here in middle TN. Quite a few companies here that seem to hire on a regular basis and are expanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
View detailed profiles of: