Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 09:19 PM

458 posts, read 1,271,907 times

Advertisements

Honestly, have you considered Charlotte? I think it would very much suit the needs you have and there are many Pennsylvanians / Northeasternerners there. Just a thought. I know it's very progressive and growing in leaps and bounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 10:10 PM

6 posts, read 13,808 times
Charolette was one of the 6 towns I originally started with and was the last I dismissed. I couldn't find the information I was looking for. I have traveled close to charolette and it was beautiful. Maybe you can offer me some insight.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:18 PM

13,352 posts, read 39,959,401 times
To continue discussing Charlotte, please go to the Charlotte forum:

//www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/

Thanks.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 07-12-2014, 11:09 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
If you're going in blind you are at the right age for it. It's what most of us did before the internet, lol. Just be sure to travel light and not burden yourself with a lot of 'stuff' until you know for sure whether the place you land is a good fit. I wouldn't take more than you can fit into the bed of a pickup or onto a small trailer you can hitch up.
Personally I'd aim for Knox or Chattanooga because I like the outdoorsy stuff. Nashville is getting to be something of a hot spot, something I'd probably avoid, unless you are looking for more of a 'city' experience.

Old 07-12-2014, 11:49 PM

I would sell everything I own and go. I like the outdoors too as I live on 16 acres in Pennsylvania. I am drawn to Nashville because of the country music atmosphere as I travel and attend live country music at local bars atleast once a week. I have a friend who lived there for 3 months and came back home because she was homesick. Are there many job options in chattanooga? What is there to do outdoors? Hiking, fishing, parks?

Old 07-12-2014, 11:55 PM

I haven't ruled out Knoxville. I don't know much about it actually I'll do my research. Are there any parts of Nashville or chatanooga to avoid when browsing go apartments? Is it hard to find a pet friendly place? I have a 4 year old beagle mix. I could get my job back at home if need be. I planned to apply to many places, explain my current thought on moving and wherever I decided to go I plan to have interviews set up for my arrival and some money to fall back on.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:36 AM

6,350 posts, read 11,589,402 times
If you are that much into Country music then Nashville is the place to be. Assuming you can find work. Knoxville's music scene is more inclined to Americana, indie and bluegrass. You'll find country acts but nothing like Nashville.

Don't know about Chattanooga's music scene.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:45 PM

940 posts, read 1,902,314 times
I was born in Atlanta and grew up in Nashville. My brother was born in Nashville and grew up from age 10 in the Chicago burb of Arlington Heights. I tell you this because if I moved back to TN I would obviously live in Nashville, but last year my brother moved from the Atlanta burb of Lawrenceville to Chattanooga with his wife, she raised in the Chicago 'burbs. They both love Chattanooga, and visited for several years for the River Fest and stayed in hotels and got a feel for the city. Both cities are very attractive with beautiful environs, I have even seen written in a Texas publication that TX has nothing to compare in scenic beauty to Chattanooga, mentioning so in the same sentence with San Francisco. Both TN cities have reached a nice level of sophistication with good tourist draw. I spent freshman year of college in Chattanooga but had no car, my brother has been re-introducing me to the city. BTW Volkswagen has just announced the placement of a second Chattanooga plant; the economic future of the city looks great.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:17 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,083,984 times
It sounds like the OP really would rather live in Nashville but is hesitant and thinks that Chattanooga may be simpler and more hassle-free. Understandable, but if you're doing this, don't sell yourself short and go with what you really want. Plus, Nashville is a town with many possibilities for servers.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:23 AM

3 posts, read 4,342 times
I am considering a blind move to nashville,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee