U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 09:00 PM

62 posts, read 205,909 times

Advertisements

We are in the process of packing for our move to Tennessee and we currently have Verizon as our cell phone provider. Just out of curiosity who gets good reception with their cell phones and what location/provider do you use? If Verizon isn't good for us out there I will have to switch and I just wanted some feedback from a few of you if you don't mind. Thanks...
Rate this post positively

Old 12-05-2007, 09:38 PM

4,725 posts, read 9,710,296 times
Smile Try this thread, Country Girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_Girl68 View Post
We are in the process of packing for our move to Tennessee and we currently have Verizon as our cell phone provider. Just out of curiosity who gets good reception with their cell phones and what location/provider do you use? If Verizon isn't good for us out there I will have to switch and I just wanted some feedback from a few of you if you don't mind. Thanks...
Country Girl, try this link. The subject of good cell phone service has been discussed several times, but I think the thread link below should help you out.

Of course, you will find as many opinions as they are cell phone users.

Hope you enjoy your new home in Tennessee!

//www.city-data.com/forum/tenne...providers.html

Old 12-06-2007, 12:17 PM

31,728 posts, read 27,069,277 times
Im not a cell phone person. I finially broke down a got a tracfone for emergencies, but almost everyone I know has version and I havent heard many complaints about reception.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:50 PM

665 posts, read 1,848,383 times
Quote:
I dont know where in Tn you are moving, but we moved from Jerset to Grainger county Tn and we have Verizon and were able to keep our old numbers that we had in Jersey, we didnt nee dto ch.ange them. I havent had a problem with my cell..hope that helps alittle

Old 12-06-2007, 04:46 PM

4 posts, read 8,592 times
Default cell phones in Tennessee mountains

Quote:
My wife has Verizon and it works fine most places except way back in the mountains. I have U.S.Cellular because my fellow Realtors told me it is the best, way back in the hills. I agree....

Old 12-06-2007, 05:00 PM

16,081 posts, read 30,650,632 times
Quote:
You should be just fine. Have a safe trip and remember to change your car tags as soon as you can.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:53 PM

Everyone, thanks for the info. We are moving to Cookeville so I would think the reception would be fine there. I appreciate all the info

Last edited by JMT; 02-22-2012 at 03:32 PM..

Old 12-06-2007, 08:02 PM

275 posts, read 1,083,220 times
I have verizon, no problems in Cookeville.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:05 PM

129 posts, read 439,462 times
I work in and around Cookeville and there are very few issues with the Verizon mobile phone service

The Weather Guy

Old 01-12-2008, 04:32 PM

Thanks everyone...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee