U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 02:39 PM

4,725 posts, read 9,710,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT View Post
T.H.T. / TNT those pics & ledge overhangs are "COOL" . Plenty of ice pictures
today out of North Carolina, had very bad ICE storm all up East coast ,even to central Maine. Been there done that with Skiing in Catskill NY many years.
THT Congrats on your approaching 600 Rep level / plateau.
.GEM also Congrats on 300 level. A good week to go Bowling.?
No one mentioned asking a "Luthier" yet? Some trees can be worth Big Bucks! French word for craftsman that makes string music instruments.
My church friend in Sale Creek very knowledgeable about the pattern GRAIN
of woods, and cuts / supplies pieces to Guitar and Dulcimer (Wifes new hobby) companies.
Split, I'm coming in the back door a couple of days late, but I just saw your post.

First, thanks. It is great hitting 300, and no, I never saw one at the bowling alley. Drat!

I was at first so taken with your great photo and then as I read your post, I saw "Dulcimer (wife's new hobby)! My heart started to race - well beat a little faster.

My father was quite a mountain woodsman and a wood crafter. He made me a mountain dulcimer (which I cannot play) and a hammered dulcimer. I was able to pound out a few tunes on the hammered dulcimer many moons ago until my piano wires started to go nasty on me.

I would love to get some information on any groups or info your wife may have gathered. I do have some Knoxville information, but will take all I can get! I'm greedy like that.

Beautiful photo. Where did you take it?
Rate this post positively

Old 03-24-2008, 06:59 PM

851 posts, read 2,340,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Sorry barnmouse. The company that is doing ours is like 3 weeks late and we're having a heck of a time getting them out to do it. We'd hoped to have it done by November so we could get some grass seed out before the first good freeze. Don't want to give you a company that's going to take forever to get out there.

Who did your grass seed? If you don't mind me asking.
Rate this post positively
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee