U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 11:09 PM

4 posts, read 14,967 times

Advertisements

Im looking for any information on areas that are nice to purchase land. Into rustic, mountains, waterfalls, etc. I was told to look in sequatchie, grundy, and marion counties. Anyone have any info they can share or any new areas to look in? I need some input from someone who knows the area. I would like to be within an hour of Chattanooga. Thanks, Dena
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2006, 02:57 AM

240 posts, read 1,123,112 times
Check out Spencer Tenn. It is about 52 miles outside of Chattanooga.
Right outside of Falls Creek State Park. The biggest Waterfalls around. My Wife and I Bought in Hawks Bluff. We are now building a house in this community. This is in Van Buren County. Check it out on the websites. Really nice up there. If you need any futher help just give me a shout.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:24 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,301,545 times
I am in Chattanooga. What specific ?'s do you have? I will be glad to help you w/the Dunlap/Sequatchi Cnty/Hamilton/Soddy Daisy/Dayton areas. I love them all!

Old 10-26-2006, 12:02 PM

129 posts, read 453,821 times
Hawks Bluff will fly you out from FLA and a few other states if you qualify. Fall Creek Falls state park has loads of waterfalls. very beautiful area. 52 miles from CHATT, within a hours drive. if you are interested in exploring the area, let me or my husband know (brcomm0) and we will put you in touch with Paul at HB. he is great, and will be happy to help you with your needs. let me know if i can answer any other questions.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:39 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,674,880 times
Smile Polk Co ? Ocoee

C.C. Also straight East of Chattanooga is Polk co, where Ocoee river (White water rapids, 1996 Atlanta Olympics events) runs should also meet your needs. Governor announced last week state would like to build a new Lodge in this area. Can also go into the Ga mtn or NC Mtn from here. (Ex-Fla , north of Chat).

Old 10-26-2006, 02:34 PM

5,244 posts, read 15,757,054 times
I moved to Van Buren county from Florida in May. It's amazing. You're about equidistant from Chattanooga and Nashville, which gives you great options for about anything you could need. The views here are amazing. We're just down the mountain from Fall Creek Falls on Hwy 30. My front door opens to the most gorgeous mountain views. My house is +2550 square feet, 5 bedroom, 2 bath, brick, on 7.25 acres and was $91,000. You can't beat that anywhere! I wish this would let us post pictures so you could see the view!!

Old 10-26-2006, 02:36 PM

5,244 posts, read 15,757,054 times
I think I got it - see if this works....
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for land, help...-downloadable-sunset.jpg  

Old 10-26-2006, 09:46 PM

4 posts, read 14,967 times
Thanks for the replies,
I would like to stay in tenn for tax reasons and I have read about a soil problem in PolK County. I really like what I read about the Cumberland Platea area in Marion, Grundy, Sequatchie, and Van Buren Counties. Would love to purchase a 5 to ten acre trac in this area. Not to big on gated subdivisions due to HA fees. I have read great things about the Monteagle Tracy City area.

Also, does anyone have any info on a subdivision called Gardner Place. I think it's near Falls Creek. Again any info is truely appreciated.
Thanks, Dena

Old 11-03-2006, 04:21 PM

6 posts, read 16,462 times
Default Where did you buy this property?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
I moved to Van Buren county from Florida in May. It's amazing. You're about equidistant from Chattanooga and Nashville, which gives you great options for about anything you could need. The views here are amazing. We're just down the mountain from Fall Creek Falls on Hwy 30. My front door opens to the most gorgeous mountain views. My house is +2550 square feet, 5 bedroom, 2 bath, brick, on 7.25 acres and was $91,000. You can't beat that anywhere! I wish this would let us post pictures so you could see the view!!
Wow, this is great! We are thinking about going to visit Hawks Bluff and have been wondering what other opportunities are out there in the same area. Can you give me more info, maybe a contact? Is there a local newspaper that has these opportunities? How did you find yours?
A Beary Cozy Cottage

Old 02-07-2007, 07:52 PM

90 posts, read 284,900 times
I would also like to know more about this area. It seems like a really nice area, but HB seems a little high. Any more info would be greatly appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee