Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2006, 09:31 PM

31 posts, read 106,998 times

Advertisements

I stumbled on this fourm a couple days ago and have been reading a lot of post. Me and my family will be leaving the over populated, over taxed , overly liberal,corrupt state of N.J. and moving to the Tri Cities area around the new year. I have worked for Fed Ex for almost 18 yrs now in the N.E. and I have had about all I can stand of the tooo fast of paced living up here, so I am finally fulfilling one of my dreams by moving to T.N. My parents were born and raised in Johnson City and moved away in there early 20s and thus raised me and my sister up North in N.J. but we have been going to J.C. for vaction ever since I can rember, they always refered to it as going down home (thus my screen name) the worst thing about going to TN was leaving . I put in for a transfer and got it and will be working out of the station by the airport. One of my first priorties will be to find a good church. We always went to mountain view baptist by wing deer park. Does anybody go to Tri Cities Baptist? How do you like it? Sorry this is so long but I am very excited about the move. I cant believe I used "thus" 2x either. Anyway Thx for listening ...Darryl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2006, 11:21 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Hi Darryl!
Welcome to the Forum and in advance, WELCOME TO TN!
I am one of the few Catholics in the area so I can't answer your question about Tri-Cities Baptist but if it is the one I am thinking of, right off of Eastern Star Rd Exit, than it is a happening place. They have a large sports program and more kids activities all the time there from what I see.
Hope that helps!

Old 11-09-2006, 12:18 PM

7 posts, read 7,655 times
Downhome !

hmmm FEDEX for 18 years huh? I know a lot of folks in Memphis, including the former General Counsel and a few current counsels as well who have accepted positions in Memphis and other areas in Tennessee as well. At least you're not moving to Memphis, which is quite awful---eastern TN has changed too---way too many migrants from Florida and other states who now claim that the place is perfect which it is not---so get ready for the change from New Jersey for sure---the place still has spots of redneck-attitudes, but if you traveled there before you already are aware of that--but perhaps change is good for everyone once in a while---the area is not very diverse as the other poster said in the fact that there aren't many Catholics---and probably not too many Jews, just looking at the stats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee