Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2006, 08:41 PM

15 posts, read 75,428 times

Advertisements

Looking for comments on our future hometown...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2006, 07:27 PM

Doesn't anyone know where Mooresburg is???????? Just north of Morristown and south of Rogersville on 11W....My family , on my Mother's side is originally from Bristol, still have family in the TriCities area and Knoxville. Any insignts into Mooresburg?

Old 11-13-2006, 08:25 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
Yes, I know where it is. You didn't ask any questions. What kind of information are you looking for? I could give you my opinion of Mooresburg, but you may want different things than I do in a hometown. What attracted you to Mooresburg?

Old 11-14-2006, 04:35 PM

We were led to Mooresburg by our grown 'kids'. We have both purchased lots in Legacy Bay and my wife and I are beginning the building process. As we have already purchased land and decided on a builder; I guess I'm generally looking for insight into the local community aspects. I will still be working--Banker--where not sure yet---wife will be running our on-line travel agency and decorating new home. I am very involved in the local chambers of commerce here in NJ and would like to do the same in Mooresburg.
Really I guess I'm looking for any and all comments. Again, main attraction is coming home to roost--great great grandfather born and raised in Surgoinsville, still have kin in Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol and Knoxville.
Being on the lake does that mean I HAVE TO buy a boat??

Old 11-14-2006, 06:58 PM

Ok! Now we are cooking.
Yes, Legacy Bay is very nice, I know a few families that live there, nice, friendly people. Most of their activities, church, shopping and such are in Rogersville. Rogersville is a great little historic town. As far as getting involved with Chamber and such, great to do, but be sure to give everyone time to get to know you. It is a very political town with a very close, tight knit "inner circle". If you take it one step at a time, they will eventually open the door a crack. As for the "regular" folk in Rogersville, they are all nice. I spend quite a bit of time there as my folks live just outside the city.
Hope that helps some.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:40 AM

Smile Moving !!!

It's official, we are moving in. The new house is finished ans waiting---we can't, wait that is. Moving van leave NJ 10-24. We're arriving 10-26--NOT leaving..New job starts 11-05, aside from the job of being new homeowner and all that brings with it. Mooresburg population will be +3 in no time

Old 10-14-2007, 09:38 AM

Congrats and in advance, Welcome to TN and may your new life here be all that you hoped it would be.
Safe travels.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:24 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,659,348 times
I had no idea there was a gated community down there! I'm out there a lot, my friends live off Hwy. 31 about 2 miles north of 11W.
Cook's By The Creek restaurant, on 31 just north of 11W, is very good for home cooking and basics. You might also want to visit the Old Home Place on Church Street. (go north on 31, you'll see Church Street on the right where the fuselage of the helicopter is.) Turn right and go all the way to the end. Unlike most Bed and Breakfast places, this one has been in the same family since it was built. The original owner founded Mooresburg.
The Home Place Bed & Breakfast - Mooresburg (Rogersville area), Tennessee - BBOnline.com / Introduction
The fastest way to Knoxville is on Highway 11W. That will put you at Town Center Mall. I can usually get from my friend's farm to West Knoxville in 1-1/2 hours or less, using 11W. Pretty Drive. Along the way you'll pass Ritter Farms. Great place to stop for fresh produce -- about 30 minutes from you. Lots of Grainger County Tomatoes (they're a principle grower), heirloom green beans and wonderful strawberries in early summer.
Be warned that the water level in the lake is way, way down, thanks to the drought. I was out there the other day and was shocked at how low the water is. It always drops in the summer, but this is awful. It will be back as soon as we get some rain.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:40 PM

Thanks for the info---we have been staying at The Home Place for our construction vists for about a year now--seems like we get the family discount --the dogs don't even bark when we come up!! Priscilla, the innkeeper, has almost adopted our family. She is such a wealth of local info. Her family name is Moore as in Mooresburg and her married name is Rogers, as in Rogersville---hmmmmm?
Cooks By the Creek is wonderful, indeed--The Mooresburger is best. Legacy Bay is one of the best kept secrets --and yes the lake is low. One of our neighbors has a dock that leads to clay!! Water about another 50 yards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee