Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 08:04 AM

611 posts, read 1,998,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeelake View Post
Riverview, I had lunch at a great little hamburger joint last summer and I can't remember the name or where it's at. A friend took me over there and I couldn,t tell you where we were. I know the place has been there a long time, they have little juke boxes on the tables, and they are famous for their onion rings. Do you know what the name of this place is? Great hamburgers and rings.

Nicky's ?? Was it up a hill on the right just before a tunnel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 09:22 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,655,275 times
Love Nicky's for some local flavor. Man those shrimp are AWESOME! The little house/log cabin above it is for sale too. You could buy it and smell greasy fries every day lol

I like the catfish house on Cummings Hwy in Tiftonia too

Old 01-28-2008, 09:31 AM

59 posts, read 188,412 times
Calhouns, any of them. They are in various locations in Knoxville, plus Lenoir City at the marina. They have one of the best micro brewed ales going, Cherokee Red.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:49 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Maxwells--Gatlinburg

Old 01-28-2008, 10:51 AM

57 posts, read 245,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverView View Post
Nicky's ?? Was it up a hill on the right just before a tunnel?
That's it, I knew there was a tunnel but I didn't put it in my post because I wasn't for sure. Great hamburger joint. Looks like it has been there a long time.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:06 AM

57 posts, read 245,415 times
We did dinner at Angelo's on the Green at Baneberry Friday night and had a blast. On Friday nights they have karaoke in the lounge and it was packed. I've come to the conclusion that we have some very talented singers in east Tn...........and some very bad ones also. Luckily the bad ones are pretty shy untill they have some liquid courage, that's when we made our exit.

Enjoyed a very good ribeye and if you like blue cheese dressing they have some of the best. The service is some of the best around and if it's your first time there, everyone will treat you like a local.

If you're ever around Dandrige at lunch time, cheack out the Tinsley-Bible drug store across from the court house. They still have a soda-fountain and serve a great lunch.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:14 PM

611 posts, read 1,998,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeelake View Post
That's it, I knew there was a tunnel but I didn't put it in my post because I wasn't for sure. Great hamburger joint. Looks like it has been there a long time.
Dang.... I'm good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee