Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 04:22 PM

11,128 posts, read 9,756,639 times

Advertisements

When looking for home listings in Tellico Village, it helps to know the subdivision names. You can enter Loudon as the city, but you will get some listings outside of Tellico Village. The subdivisions in TV all start with the following words: Coyatee, Tanasi, Toqua, Mialaquo, Kahite, Tommotley, Chota, Chatuga ...I think that's all of them.

The TV website is : Tellico Village | Tellico Village Loudon County TN | Knoxville Planned Residential Community | Tellico Village Golf Course | Tellico Lake Community | Tennessee Yacht Club | Tellico Village Lenior City TN | Tellico Lake Boating

I have done a lot of research on the place and I can tell you, they are very well organized the POA and HOA are run like a fortune 500 company. They are very conscious of keeping the quality of the facilities up, and they continue to add and improve the amenities as the years go by. The pictures on the website and the information is all as advertised. We were pretty skeptical on our first trip. We were worried that it was an Erik Estrada style scam. It's not.

The thing that we were worried about also was moving to a totally new place with no family or friends, how would we meet people? The TV people have so many clubs and organizations for every possible hobby or interest from quilting to motorcycle riding. They have a "new villagers" organization that you are in for your first two years. And if you're not a "joiner", that's okay too. I'm sold on the place and can't wait until the market turns here so I can retire and get to TN. I wasn't born there, but I'm gonna get there just as fast as I can!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 04:58 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
When looking for home listings in Tellico Village, it helps to know the subdivision names. You can enter Loudon as the city, but you will get some listings outside of Tellico Village. The subdivisions in TV all start with the following words: Coyatee, Tanasi, Toqua, Mialaquo, Kahite, Tommotley, Chota, Chatuga ...I think that's all of them.

The TV website is : Tellico Village | Tellico Village Loudon County TN | Knoxville Planned Residential Community | Tellico Village Golf Course | Tellico Lake Community | Tennessee Yacht Club | Tellico Village Lenior City TN | Tellico Lake Boating

I have done a lot of research on the place and I can tell you, they are very well organized the POA and HOA are run like a fortune 500 company. They are very conscious of keeping the quality of the facilities up, and they continue to add and improve the amenities as the years go by. The pictures on the website and the information is all as advertised. We were pretty skeptical on our first trip. We were worried that it was an Erik Estrada style scam. It's not.

The thing that we were worried about also was moving to a totally new place with no family or friends, how would we meet people? The TV people have so many clubs and organizations for every possible hobby or interest from quilting to motorcycle riding. They have a "new villagers" organization that you are in for your first two years. And if you're not a "joiner", that's okay too. I'm sold on the place and can't wait until the market turns here so I can retire and get to TN. I wasn't born there, but I'm gonna get there just as fast as I can!!!
When I go to Google Maps and ask for directions from TV to Knoxville I get a time/distance that is about as far as Fairfield Glade. Are there facilities, stores, hospitals, etc closer to hand than FFG or would we just be trading one out of reach location for another? This is a very big concern for us as we have been through protracted family illnesses and don't want to end up driving a long ways to hospitals, food, medicine, etc as we have seen others do.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanbob View Post
My wife's parents have lived in FFG for about 18 years now, and have just recently decided to move to Knoxville, basically to be closer to the family. FFG is probably about an average of usually 4 to 5 degrees cooler, being on the Plataue. The age group in Tellico village, is probably a little younger. You can probably see that on the city-dat.com info page. You can probably find the house size and price you stated, and you can visit the Kaarmls.com, go to the public search, list Loudon county, and then search for Tellico Village. I just looked , usging a tops of 300 and some 38 homes listed are below. Good luck.
Confusing. I see three items under Public, none of which are Public Search. Is there a separate Public Search that I am too blind to see? Been known to happen...

Old 09-30-2008, 05:10 PM

13,353 posts, read 39,959,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
When I go to Google Maps and ask for directions from TV to Knoxville I get a time/distance that is about as far as Fairfield Glade. Are there facilities, stores, hospitals, etc closer to hand than FFG or would we just be trading one out of reach location for another? This is a very big concern for us as we have been through protracted family illnesses and don't want to end up driving a long ways to hospitals, food, medicine, etc as we have seen others do.
In a previous post I mentioned that Tellico Village is much closer to Maryville than FFG is to Knoxville. Maryville has just about everything Knoxville does: Target, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Belk, Sears, JCPenney, Circuit City, tons of restaurants, plus the Knoxville airport is actually adjacent to Maryville.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
In a previous post I mentioned that Tellico Village is much closer to Maryville than FFG is to Knoxville. Maryville has just about everything Knoxville does: Target, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Belk, Sears, JCPenney, Circuit City, tons of restaurants, plus the Knoxville airport is actually adjacent to Maryville.
I missed that. I appreciate the reiteration, because knowing that will make a difference in our consideration. And now I'm back to possibly renting in TV instead of a hotel for the stay.

I fell like a ping pong ball some days...

Ack! It's still an hour to Maryville!

Last edited by Tek_Freek; 09-30-2008 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: An hour!

Old 09-30-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I missed that. I appreciate the reiteration, because knowing that will make a difference in our consideration. And now I'm back to possibly renting in TV instead of a hotel for the stay.

I fell like a ping pong ball some days...

Ack! It's still an hour to Maryville!
It'll all be worth it! Even if you don't end up moving to TN, at least you've been able to spend some time here.

But I do I hope Tellico Village is more to your liking.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:22 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
Most of the folks that live in TV go to Lenoir City for their shopping, doctors, etc. vs Maryville. LC is closer to them.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Most of the folks that live in TV go to Lenoir City for their shopping, doctors, etc. vs Maryville. LC is closer to them.
That's true, I looked at a map and saw how close TV is to Lenoir City. Lenoir City certainly has just about everything Crossville does. But I guess for the more heavy-duty shopping and stuff, Maryville is the place to go.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:41 PM

We will take a tour of the area when we are there... Already have some planned out. Time for at least one more!

Old 09-30-2008, 06:09 PM

1,093 posts, read 471,444 times
Love reading these posts, we are planning for TV to be our retirement home. I have this site bookmarked because it gives information on the different neighborhoods and available real estate that are on Tellico Lake ( look at it almost daily) Also if you find a house you like, google the address, hit maps and street view and it's like walking down the streets looking at the neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee