Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2008, 08:36 AM

15 posts, read 33,025 times

Advertisements

hi everyone, i hope you are all enjoying the scenic beauty....i too would also like to mask in the beauty of tennessee. Can anyone tell me of any reputable company or realtor that does owner financing where i can find land to buy for about 3000-5000(acre) I need like 5 acres......
I would like land with good view of the mountains
Nice community type atmoshpere ( i have 2 Kids)
Decent proximity to shops
I donot want land in any subdivision
i saw on the internet where land is available in pikeville, dunlap, and altamont
at Beaverdam estates, Mountain creek estates, and Quail meadows...thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 11:41 AM

59 posts, read 188,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadri View Post
hi everyone, i hope you are all enjoying the scenic beauty....i too would also like to mask in the beauty of tennessee. Can anyone tell me of any reputable company or realtor that does owner financing where i can find land to buy for about 3000-5000(acre) I need like 5 acres......
I would like land with good view of the mountains
Nice community type atmoshpere ( i have 2 Kids)
Decent proximity to shops
I donot want land in any subdivision
i saw on the internet where land is available in pikeville, dunlap, and altamont
at Beaverdam estates, Mountain creek estates, and Quail meadows...thanks
There are plenty of five acre tracts available, some in your price range. Views of the mountains tend to up the price a bit or a lot. If you have to have owner financing, you will really limit the number of properties available for your consideration. Consider an Ag Credit or similar loan. They will lend on rural property with or without a house. You don't have to farm it.

Any competent real estate agent shlould be able to filter for owner financing. Contact one in the area(s) you are interested in.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:58 AM

15 posts, read 33,025 times
my credit is 620 and i went to 2 banks ..one told me that i would have to build in 3 years the other said that my credit hasa to be 680 or higher..........any recommendations?

Old 01-31-2008, 12:03 PM

59 posts, read 188,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadri View Post
my credit is 620 and i went to 2 banks ..one told me that i would have to build in 3 years the other said that my credit hasa to be 680 or higher..........any recommendations?
Try Ag Credit. Anyone offering owner financing is probably going to check your credit, too.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:32 PM

23,590 posts, read 70,367,145 times
quadri, I admire your reaching for the brass ring, but you need to be realistic. Realtors and companies are not going to be promoting owner financing. Owners of land that is distressed, and owners of land that have lots of money and are looking for an ongoing income might be. In other words, you have to do the work to find the deals.

View of mountains AND convenience to community AND five acres AND under $5K/acre AND with a lower credit score? Choose one or two of the above and you may succeed. Choose more than that and market forces are going to be severely working against you.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:35 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,510,696 times
Lycos>>>>> Classifieds>>> drill down from that major city or zip code.....too where your looking......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee