Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 07:01 AM

35,076 posts, read 31,302,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
That is so helpful. Thank you. I haven't really decided yet on where to start except 1st stop is my brother's.

I want to investigate the Tri-Cities, Maryville and see Knoxville. It depends on which has the best COL.

I plan on staying in the National parks when I can to save money. I'm trying to save as much as possible to move to wherever I choose to live.

Since my back operation I'm so limited on what I can lift/do so I will need to have movers.
Staying in one of the national parks and driving to the Tri-Cities could take a couple of hours. I'd recommend getting a cheap motel in the Tri-Cities for when you're there and spend more of the day looking around.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:33 AM

7,043 posts, read 6,295,966 times
Serious, I'll decide that when I get there. Who knows, I may move closer to my brother. I've never been in Tennessee so it will be an adventure. I do plan on spending up to two weeks.

I'm also going to check out Ohio in the fall. Not close to family but close to a few friends. There would still be snow but not as bad as Minnesota.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:40 AM

13,354 posts, read 39,963,688 times
Quote:
Serious, I'll decide that when I get there. Who knows, I may move closer to my brother. I've never been in Tennessee so it will be an adventure. I do plan on spending up to two weeks.
Tennessee has an extensive network of state parks, too, where you can stay.

Welcome — Tennessee State Parks

Normashirley's suggestion at looking at the Cumberland Plateau is a good one. The Crossville area is not as muggy in the summer and will put you a lot closer to Nashville, especially if you look in the Cookeville area which is slightly warmer and muggier than Crossville but not quite as hot and muggy as Nashville.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 03-15-2016, 08:45 AM

2,019 posts, read 3,194,915 times
Quote:

I really encourage you to check out Cookeville. Nice growing town with a good hospital and close enough to Nashville to be near your brother. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Tennessee after your trip. Good luck!

Old 03-15-2016, 11:06 AM

I'll definitely look into that. I know my brother would like me as close as I can get to him. It was pretty scary for him when 1st there was the car accident, (woman ran a red light) & he was so far away. Then, when I had to have back surgery, again he felt bad because he wasn't here. He's the oldest and I'm the youngest which is probably why our bond is so strong.

I do want some distance between us as my family hovers over me since the accident. I love them all but...the hovering drives me crazy at times. I will enjoy being closer to my brother and his family though. My niece also lives in Nashville with her children & I only get to see the kids when they visit with their Poppa in the summer.

Old 03-15-2016, 11:25 AM

7,541 posts, read 17,235,568 times
Quote:
Staying in one of the national parks and driving to the Tri-Cities could take a couple of hours. I'd recommend getting a cheap motel in the Tri-Cities for when you're there and spend more of the day looking around.
If you're looking for cheap lodging in the Tri-Cities, I would whole-heartedly recommend the Red Roof in Johnson City. I've used it several times for as little as $49/night, and it's been recently remodeled so it's actually a very, very solid experience.

Old 03-15-2016, 02:36 PM

Yay! Thank you. I'll have to check into that.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:03 PM

Default I have to wait to visit Tennessee

I was planning on coming this month but circumstances are preventing that.

I hadn't planned on my son dying and having to pay for cremation in January, then in March I needed 4 New tires (wasn't going to travel that far without them), then the car also needed a new sensor. These were things that had to be taken care of. Then this month car insurance is due. Way too much in just a couple months.

I'm waiting for my sister's friend to fix the motorcycle owned by my son and me so it can be sold. So I plan on coming after that happens. I do not know when it will be as he refuses to charge me for fixing the bike and he can take as much time as he wants, as far as I'm concerned. I am hoping it will be this season. I know he is trying to make that goal.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:35 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,742,391 times
Quote:
I was planning on coming this month but circumstances are preventing that.

I hadn't planned on my son dying and having to pay for cremation in January, then in March I needed 4 New tires (wasn't going to travel that far without them), then the car also needed a new sensor. These were things that had to be taken care of. Then this month car insurance is due. Way too much in just a couple months.

I'm waiting for my sister's friend to fix the motorcycle owned by my son and me so it can be sold. So I plan on coming after that happens. I do not know when it will be as he refuses to charge me for fixing the bike and he can take as much time as he wants, as far as I'm concerned. I am hoping it will be this season. I know he is trying to make that goal.
My condolences to you Meo.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:41 PM

Thank you armetis. Life sometimes hands us hard things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee