Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2008, 10:12 PM

3 posts, read 8,343 times

Advertisements

I am looking to relocate my family to middle TN. We currently live in Central FL and I am trying to jusfify the cost of living in Middle TN in comparison to Central FL.
My wife is from the Murfreesboro area and we are open to M'boro north to Nashville.... I am a Sr. Network Engineer and trying to determine if there a re job opportunities in this area of the country and what the demands might be.

If anyone can answer, I would certainly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Greg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 07:35 AM

37,795 posts, read 40,994,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engle12 View Post
I am looking to relocate my family to middle TN. We currently live in Central FL and I am trying to jusfify the cost of living in Middle TN in comparison to Central FL.
My wife is from the Murfreesboro area and we are open to M'boro north to Nashville.... I am a Sr. Network Engineer and trying to determine if there a re job opportunities in this area of the country and what the demands might be.

If anyone can answer, I would certainly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Greg
Google Search:

Sr Network Engineer TN

Looks like quite a few.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:20 PM

3 posts, read 8,343 times
This is my last post. This iste must be a joke due to the ridiculous responses, not only to my posts but others also. . Does anyone take this site seriously? I thought I could get valuable information. Guess not...
GE

Old 02-10-2008, 09:50 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,943,010 times
Quote:
This is my last post. This iste must be a joke due to the ridiculous responses, not only to my posts but others also. . Does anyone take this site seriously? I thought I could get valuable information. Guess not...
GE
I'm not sure why you're so upset. You asked a question that very few people could answer, and frankly LauraC's response was actually very helpful. Are you expecting someone here to offer you a job? Since you were able to find the city-data site, I assume you're also able to find Google and other web sites that would allow you to find information on housing, jobs, salaries, taxes, things you're looking for. I have to say--and I'm not trying to be a jerk, I promise--that if the extent of your "research" is to pose a couple of questions on this very anonymous forum and then throw a tantrum when no one gives you an answer you want after a couple of days, then I wonder if you wouldn't be better off staying there in Florida.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:08 AM

557 posts, read 1,674,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I'm not sure why you're so upset. You asked a question that very few people could answer, and frankly LauraC's response was actually very helpful. Are you expecting someone here to offer you a job? Since you were able to find the city-data site, I assume you're also able to find Google and other web sites that would allow you to find information on housing, jobs, salaries, taxes, things you're looking for. I have to say--and I'm not trying to be a jerk, I promise--that if the extent of your "research" is to pose a couple of questions on this very anonymous forum and then throw a tantrum when no one gives you an answer you want after a couple of days, then I wonder if you wouldn't be better off staying there in Florida.
Well said.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:23 AM

117 posts, read 447,437 times
Quote:
This is my last post. GE

Is that a promise?

Old 02-11-2008, 09:59 AM

710 posts, read 1,960,878 times
Yikes! I almost answered this but decided that my answer (I have no idea what the job market is for your field because I'm not familiar with it) would be not so very helpful. However, I thought a little more about it and I do think there is a fairly decent job market for your field in the general Middle TN area, depending on where you want to settle.

Anyway, good luck to you guys. I hail from not far from your current location and know it fairly well. I think Middle TN is way better! Sorry we didn't meet your expectations.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:22 AM

24,767 posts, read 28,510,696 times
Cool seriously?

Quote:
GE
It's called research research and more research. Not knowing you or any one else out their you can get general information. But trying too compare place A too place B. That's where it gets weird. That's where the research comes in. Time for a road trip, come camp stay a week and see what's going on. That's what I did,"BUT" again the real estate market is? So I'm stuck in FL just like you. Just waiting too get out of here,,,,, Take the time theirs loads of great people on this site that will give you a " general information" unless you ask a specific question. Then most likely you will get a e-mail or two from some one.... So have a great day joy joy happy happy.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee