Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 04:51 PM

315 posts, read 1,006,248 times

Advertisements

Tinman- I think that it is going to be a all day affair. That way everyone can meet everyone from the forum and then go on an adventure. I for one plan to try to get there in the morning approx 9:00. Kerry is our contact and I'm sure right before hand we will have the last minute details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 07:52 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,409,159 times
Kerry, is there any sort of update?

Maybe we should make a tentative plan in case kerry's too busy to handle this? I know his girlfriend had surgery and everyone was ill at one point...

Old 03-24-2008, 11:06 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,426,878 times
Hey guys - if anyone is traveling from far away and doesn't a bit of a drive....

If all the rooms at FCF are booked, I can get you discounted rates at my hotel in Nashville. It's on West End Ave, right up the road from downtown. Just let me know - e-mail is best as I haven't had much time to hang out here lately. My e-mail is the same as my user name, at aim dot com. Think that'll work??

Old 03-25-2008, 07:40 AM

My anal-retentive side is freaking out that we don't have a plan! lol

Old 03-25-2008, 02:22 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,348,908 times
We don't have a plan?
Pam

Old 03-25-2008, 02:30 PM

Everything is still tentative last I saw...and when I called I wasn't able to find out about a conference room that was reserved. I still say we plan on 4/19 and if we have to meet at picnic tables in the park, or in the dang hotel lobby, so be it!

I can't wait!

Old 03-25-2008, 02:37 PM

ok, I'm up for picnic tables in the park. I thought this was a definite thing?
Pam

Old 03-25-2008, 02:55 PM

It's definite for us, at any rate!

Here's the latest from Kerry from 3/10:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,

I still have to go to the park and get with the lady to work out some of the final details. Right now, My girlfriend and I decided to wait until they all get over the sickness that is going through the park employees right now.

By the way, she works there, so she is helping me set this up. She is out of work due to back surgery and wants to go visit them anyway..we just don't want her to get the crud that has been going around out there...and I don't want to go through round 4 of the stuff.

I should have the exact cost per person, and a menu list after we visit.
I understand that there is supposed to be some naturalist there around that time frame that will be doing different activities. We want to get an updated list of all the scheduled activities that will be going on there.

If all goes as planned I should get to go out there this week and get the info we need.

Kerry

I'm just concerned that maybe Kerry got sick (he says he's had the bug 4 times already!) so maybe we should come up with a backup plan. I asked when I called for our room, about any conference rooms or block of rooms or cabins in the name of City Data but they didn't know anything about that. Let's consider a central place to meet at, say, 9 or 10 a.m. on the 19th? I don't know anything about the place so I don't know about arranging catering, etc...or even where we'd find picnic tables!

I just don't want this to fizzle.

[kerry? are you ok?]

Old 03-26-2008, 06:06 AM

315 posts, read 1,006,248 times
I'll still be there on the 19th around 9:00. Hey we can still keep this going. We just need someone to make a decision on where to mee, and if I understood right anyone can go in and buy food. All we need is each other. I wish I were there now!!!!!

Old 03-26-2008, 10:19 AM

OK, Bill and I are driving out there on the 19th. We have to be there at 9 A.M. Lets meet in front of the hotel. We can send those who are still on for joining us a DM with what cars we drive or what we look like. Whichever way it turns out, it will be fun.
Does anyone have an idea how long it will take from Dandridge? Maybe each of us could bring a bg of chips or a batch of brownies or cookies to snack on while we are getting to know one another?
Any other details or ideas?
Pam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee