Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 07:04 PM

27 posts, read 33,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
If you’re thinking of moving to a super rural county, ESPECIALLY if you aren’t from the South, read this thread. It involves different counties but the rural, small counties can be unfriendly to outsiders.

//www.city-data.com/forum/knoxv...fo-needed.html
Well this sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 07:18 PM

27 posts, read 33,393 times
What's going on in Cocke Co.?
Do the natives despise outsiders if we're country folks, pro gun, hunters, voted for Trump etc. but maybe not totally back woods?

Old 09-27-2017, 06:26 AM

35,072 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Chick View Post
What's going on in Cocke Co.?
Do the natives despise outsiders if we're country folks, pro gun, hunters, voted for Trump etc. but maybe not totally back woods?
Keep in mind Cocke County is fairly small and isolated from bigger cities. There isn't a lot of work there. There are a lot of drug problems. Cocke County and Newport, its county seat, are kind of notorious and the butt of jokes for crime and drugs.

How many cities of about 7,000 people do you know of with their own "crime section" on their Wikipedia page?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newpor...ning_and_crime

It's a beautiful area, but not a lot there other than problems.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:02 AM

672 posts, read 810,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
If you’re thinking of moving to a super rural county,
From reading other threads, I think my ideas of rural might not apply as much and I don't have to go to far to accomplish what I want.

I think rural and city intertwine a little more in TN than say coastal cities definition of rural. Would I be correct on that assumption?

Being able to keep farm animals and acreage being the prime objective.

Old 09-27-2017, 02:32 PM

672 posts, read 810,957 times
Serious Conversation,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to answer questions on this thread. Looking around I see different threads that ask some of the same things but every thread has something a little different the thread starter was looking for and it is great to have responses. I read some of the topics about Cocke County.

Thanks for taking the time.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:00 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Cocke County Confidential Information & News from Knoxville News Sentinel (Knoxville, TN)

It's been a minute since this article. Next couple of issues were Cocke County denizens growing pot in the state park. Cops went to chase them, but they have a system of caves and they lost them. Then there was a big auto ring bust. Cocke County folks were coming down to the Knoxville malls and boosting vehicles, bringing back to their chop shop. Big organization.

Traditionally, everyone from the cops to the town hall leaders have been in on it. TBI and Tennessee Revenue don't call it "Little Chicago" for nothing.

And no, they won't like you if you're gun-toting, this is Tennessee, almost all of us have guns. Do not turn around in anyone's driveway. EVER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee