Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:03 PM

127 posts, read 433,252 times

Advertisements

Gorgeous views, thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 05:33 PM

295 posts, read 973,882 times
We may go back over that way this summer when we are on vacation. I have a cousin in Morristown.

Is there anything else we may enjoy doing while we are over that way?

Old 04-14-2008, 05:51 PM

665 posts, read 1,925,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider127 View Post
We may go back over that way this summer when we are on vacation. I have a cousin in Morristown.

Is there anything else we may enjoy doing while we are over that way?
There is Cherokee state park, you can go down byt he boats and feed the carp, walk around the park, have a bbq, and rent a boat there to.There is also Panther Creek park, hiking and has beautiful views at the top of the hill.I am sure the folks whom have lived here longer can give more ideas...

Old 04-19-2008, 08:38 AM

5,985 posts, read 4,376,856 times
Default Overlooks

Phyll, if you enjoyed Clinch Mountain Overlook you'll love Pinnacle Overlook in Cumberland Gap National Historical Park. Honorable mention goes to Sam's Gap Overlook on I-26 in Unicoi County. Happy viewing.

Old 04-19-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Phyll, if you enjoyed Clinch Mountain Overlook you'll love Pinnacle Overlook in Cumberland Gap National Historical Park. Honorable mention goes to Sam's Gap Overlook on I-26 in Unicoi County. Happy viewing.
today we went to Cumberland Gap,where the general store is and primitive store and an antique store, we saw a covered bridge,and our neighbor bought us to back roads in Ky.I was amazed that behind the homes in the Cumberland Gap area the mnt was SOOOO high and right there. I was stunned by the beauty of the mnts as they took us around ,as we are newcomers to TN. I would also like to hit the flea markets along 25e.We had such a great time!!!!!!

Old 04-21-2008, 08:41 AM

7,538 posts, read 17,221,758 times
Love the pics, reminds me of the old song Clinch Mountain Backstep. To me, though, the views off Viking Mountain are some of the best, and (in the same general area) off the Asheville Hwy (Route 70) right before/as it turns into 208 at the NC border in Greene County.

(Disclaimer: I'm quite partial. I grew up in Chestnut Ridge and my people are from Cutshalltown and Spill Corn NC. )

Old 04-21-2008, 09:07 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,347,702 times
Phyll,
Enjoyed your pics. This weekend I got to see more of Tennessee then I have in the last year and a half. With going to the get together in Fall Creek Falls- beautiful area. Then yesterday I finally was taken on the fabled back way from Dandridge to Pigeon Forge and I saw English Mountain which I have heard about but had no idea where it was. I also never knew that Bush's Baked Beans were made here in Tn. I know, I know I have to get out more. I was surprised how big Douglas Lake really is too.
Phyll, thanks for the photo tour of someplace I have never been. I now know that the answer to the question that newbies always ask "where should I live" cannot be answered, Tn. is a varied and beautiful state.
Pam

Old 04-21-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Phyll,
Enjoyed your pics. This weekend I got to see more of Tennessee then I have in the last year and a half. With going to the get together in Fall Creek Falls- beautiful area. Then yesterday I finally was taken on the fabled back way from Dandridge to Pigeon Forge and I saw English Mountain which I have heard about but had no idea where it was. I also never knew that Bush's Baked Beans were made here in Tn. I know, I know I have to get out more. I was surprised how big Douglas Lake really is too.
Phyll, thanks for the photo tour of someplace I have never been. I now know that the answer to the question that newbies always ask "where should I live" cannot be answered, Tn. is a varied and beautiful state.
Pam
God bless my neighbors! They are the best peolpe in the world, they help us by either taking us places or giving directions! Hey we mase it into Kentucky via 25E ,ate at Ryan's there ,we too are trying to broaden what we see,TN IS amazing.I could have went to La Follette, but my ex-brother in law lives there, didn't think that was a good idea ...LOL, think I'll stay away from there

Old 06-16-2008, 01:44 PM

19 posts, read 88,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyll View Post
My family and I went to Clinch mnt overlook yesterday, if you have never see
it, it is beautiful!Looking down on the valley, and lakes, it's gorgeous.We also went when we had snow , so pretty!!!! I just couldn't believe the sight!
That is a beautiful view from up on top. I have several pictures from the top. Cherokee lake is the lake that you see from the top. It's a nice road now but when I was a kid growing up in TN that road was just one curve after another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee