Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2019, 01:31 PM

2,529 posts, read 1,861,127 times

Advertisements

I'm considering taking a trip to East Tennessee in either October or November. Would like to go to explore the area for maybe about 3-5 days to visit and possibly consider a relocation in the future. It'd be about a 10 hour drive form my location in FL. I guess on the trip up, I'd have to fill up about twice with gas and then twice again back down. I'm not sure how much gas would be just from driving around in Knoxville region though. Would October or November be cheaper overall? When is the peak time for tourists visiting to see fall foliage. I'd like to avoid the crowd if possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 02:42 PM

35,057 posts, read 31,271,982 times
Econolodge is a typical budget hotel, and a little better than Motel 6 and Super 8 IMO. It's fine if you're just looking for a place to sleep and shower.

Old 07-07-2019, 02:44 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,486,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
I'm considering taking a trip to East Tennessee in either October or November. Would like to go to explore the area for maybe about 3-5 days to visit and possibly consider a relocation in the future. It'd be about a 10 hour drive form my location in FL. I guess on the trip up, I'd have to fill up about twice with gas and then twice again back down. I'm not sure how much gas would be just from driving around in Knoxville region though. Would October or November be cheaper overall? When is the peak time for tourists visiting to see fall foliage. I'd like to avoid the crowd if possible.
I think October will be peak time to visit due to foliage. Thanksgiving is also busy as some folks come for vacation/family visits. There have been a few occasions I have remembered it actually snowing Thanksgiving evening but it is rare. They start decorating some for Christmas then and it is absolutely gorgeous around here whether it is fall or Christmas.

Crowds do vary but honestly I think if you want to avoid crowds I would pick the week before Thanksgiving to see the least amount of visitors.

Safe travels and ask any other questions.

Old 07-10-2019, 06:25 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,583,688 times
Hotels in Pigeon forge/Sevierville are dirt cheap in September because the schoolkids are gone and fall colors haven't appeared.

As for Knoxville: just make sure you are not coming during a football weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee