U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2006, 08:18 AM

86 posts, read 319,656 times

Advertisements

On December 19th the State of Tennessee issued a press release announcing a new retiree recruitment program and a new web site to provide information on various communities in Tennessee. This is a pilot program involving nine or ten communities located throughout the state.

You can find more information at their new web site www.retiretennessee.org. This is an information site, not a commercial site, so I hope the URL is not cut.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2006, 09:12 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,255,190 times
Excellent link Kpt. Very informative. It answers alot of ?s people seem to have.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:31 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,650,550 times
Exclamation Five months late..?

KPT: I read about that five months ago in newspaper, just starting up? Half dozen other states also looking for their Piece of Pie since the Florida exodus. Chattanooga newspaper had many weekly articles about Baby-Boomers where some CIty spokesWOMAN was giving HER COMMENTS about what per-cent of new re-locatees would be rural and how many prefer URBAN riverfront condos, but never gave us actual NEWCOMERS a chance to be interviews or INVITED to comment. Most stuff is great, but I would tell other about the 5 hour WAIT for drivers license at Bonnie Oaks office, and mix-up of NEW PROOF of Birth Certificates, utilites mail proof from the phone book check-list. . Or about the SHORTAGE of DENTISTs accepting NEW PATIENTS. Chattanooga is HQ for Cigna, but coming from Fla in middle of year, NOT ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS..! Put that on front page of State Welcome Package. WEB!

Old 12-21-2006, 03:15 AM

36,900 posts, read 38,340,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. View Post
On December 19th the State of Tennessee issued a press release announcing a new retiree recruitment program and a new web site to provide information on various communities in Tennessee. This is a pilot program involving nine or ten communities located throughout the state.

You can find more information at their new web site www.retiretennessee.org. This is an information site, not a commercial site, so I hope the URL is not cut.
Thanks for the link. If they are taking suggestions, I'd like to see more photos on it - maybe a slide show. The link to the community data pages is a good one.

The Tennessee State Governnment website is one of the most informative websites that I have ever encountered for any government website.

Old 12-26-2006, 07:05 PM

86 posts, read 319,656 times
LauraC; I've passed your suggestions and comment to the group that developed this site. Thanks for the compliment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
View detailed profiles of: