U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2020, 10:41 AM

15,846 posts, read 29,127,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Good chart here that breaks it down by county.

https://g.co/kgs/4NKrNw
This just links to a broad Coronavirus Google search page.
Rate this post positively

Old 10-18-2020, 10:57 AM

3,793 posts, read 3,591,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
This just links to a broad Coronavirus Google search page.

That's weird.

Here's a county snapshot, though you have to look at each county separately.

https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov...-snapshot.html

Here is an overview but not the chart I was originally looking at.

https://www.tn.gov/content/tn/health...ncov/data.html

The CASES box here also lists one day change.

https://news.google.com/covid19/map?...S&ceid=US%3Aen

Old 10-22-2020, 10:21 AM

13,246 posts, read 7,347,147 times
As I'm a recent Vols fans I look at their message boards. Pretty clear there is a large segment of Tennessee folks still questioning the data. I have no idea what the end game for the CDC as well as health organizations all over the world would be to purposely inflate the figures. What would be gained by creating needless shut downs and panic?

But that seems to be the belief of many in Tennessee and other places for some strange reason.

Old 10-22-2020, 08:39 PM

29,333 posts, read 22,161,829 times
https://wcyb.com/news/local/large-cr...nforce-mandate

This maskless race made our local news. Packed like sardines, shoulder to shoulder. While the county is experiencing an explosion of coronavirus, the mask “mandate” is not going to be enforced. Therefore, maskless seems to be as common as masked.

Hospitals here are already scaling back or canceling elective procedures. I heard horror stories out of Cookeville Regional yesterday. There needs to be some teeth with these “mandates,” or just remove them and admit it was political posturing all along.

Old 10-22-2020, 11:23 PM

499 posts, read 1,171,295 times
Speedway said the facility was leased by an entity called "Tour Of Destruction". What an appropriate name for this irresponsible organization.

I fear that this also a problem with many outdoor sporting events.

Old 10-23-2020, 12:33 AM
JRR

5,490 posts, read 3,189,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post

This maskless race made our local news. Packed like sardines, shoulder to shoulder. While the county is experiencing an explosion of coronavirus, the mask “mandate” is not going to be enforced. Therefore, maskless seems to be as common as masked.

Hospitals here are already scaling back or canceling elective procedures. I heard horror stories out of Cookeville Regional yesterday. There needs to be some teeth with these “mandates,” or just remove them and admit it was political posturing all along.
Cookeville Regional Hospital has now suspended any elective surgery that requires an overnight stay because of the jump in cases. It appears that a high percentage of new cases are being traced back to family social gatherings and church events.

I drove by a local diner yesterday and the parking lot was packed. There is no way that there is any kind of distancing in that small building. Sometimes it is like some people are doggedly determined to drag this situation on as long as they can.

Old 10-23-2020, 03:26 PM

13,246 posts, read 7,347,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post

From the article:

“Mayor Richard Venable is not going to do that,” Venable said of Virginia’s enforcement. “We're not going to impose a fine until such a time as we've overrun all our healthcare facilities.”

So the mayor is actually going to wait until so many get sick and die that they overrun the hospitals before enforcing the mandate? Interesting strategy.

Old 10-23-2020, 06:42 PM

29,333 posts, read 22,161,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
From the article:

“Mayor Richard Venable is not going to do that,” Venable said of Virginia’s enforcement. “We're not going to impose a fine until such a time as we've overrun all our healthcare facilities.”

So the mayor is actually going to wait until so many get sick and die that they overrun the hospitals before enforcing the mandate? Interesting strategy.
We are getting overrun.

Positivity rate on my daily COVID metric briefing in the area has basically doubled in two to three weeks. There might be a dozen COVID beds on any given day this week. Most aren’t going on vents or ICU, but you still have to be pretty sick to be admitted. This latest uptick just happened over the past few weeks.

The main Kingsport hospital has stopped elective procedures for now, and I’d bet similar restrictions will be coming to JCMC and the community hospitals. JCMC now has a COVID outbreak with about 25 employees impacted. Sick nurses are having to be backfilled with contract travel nurses. It’s a huge mess.

A new sports bar opened in JC and it is shoulder to shoulder - no distancing or table restrictions. Churches are filling back up.

This is an older than average area with a lot of risk factors - a lot of smoking, drugs, extreme obesity, etc. My family is back to the minimums or off-hours dining, things like that, and I’m definitely a lot more mindful of where I go. Some places are basically off limits for now due to no distancing and shoulder to shoulder packing in.

Old 10-24-2020, 02:33 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,858,257 times
There was a protest today on the square in Franklin by a group called Mask Free Tennessee. One can only guess the median IQ, what with signs like, "Children DESERVE full oxygen". Full oxygen is actually toxic, but many of these folks consider science to be voodoo, and it shows.

Keep this up and we'll be filling ICUs for years.

Old 10-25-2020, 10:18 AM

1,053 posts, read 438,544 times
Many people are believing that "herd immunity" is the way to go but unfortunately like many other cold-causing viruses any immunity is brief meaning that we are going to have to deal with this in multiple rounds more similar to 1890 and not like 1918.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee