U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 09:54 AM

1,285 posts, read 2,051,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Went out to pick up groceries this morning. Drove by Dollar General and since there were only a couple of cars in the lot decided to pop in to pick something up. Stepped through the front door and the clerk was checking someone out. No mask on the clerk and she started coughing. Didn't step away or even turn away. Just kept coughing while she kept on checking the customer out. I just spun around and left.
I would have done the same.
Rate this post positively

Old 06-20-2020, 10:27 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,604,850 times
https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov...pi-curves.html

New high day for TN Be careful folks.

Old 06-21-2020, 12:16 PM

8,117 posts, read 8,623,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I believe in supporting local businesses in my area. During the brunt of Covid 19 I stayed at home as much as possible and did not visit any of my favorite stores. With the state allowing, (encouraging), to open I thought it would be a good time to revisit local stores. Out I went with my mask,gloves, and hand sanitizer in my car and what did I find? Not one of the local stores I buy from had even one employee wearing a mask.
Is there anyone who does not know the reason for wearing a mask is for the protection of other? If not let me inform you; masks only provide minimal protection to the wearer but does protect others.
As a result I went online and found the same products that I typically buy from my local stores and purchased items. I will be doing this in the future.
Was this mistake limited to small businesses? No, of the two builders supply stores only one store had their employees wearing masks and that store will be the one I buy from in the future.
Lastly, I am discouraged to find a majority of people, (shoppers), disregarding the necessity of wearing masks.

This is no second surge. This is still the original attack caused by a failure to allow enough time to control Covid19 and the reluctance of people to wear a mask for whatever reason. The second surge will come this fall. Considering the willingness of people to control Covid 19 I believe will see a massive number of deaths and a much longer term of closure.
The Wuhan virus is an upper respiratory infection and we all are going to get it. I am not worried about nor do I care if I get it or not. It is sad that some very sick and weak people could die from it but the reality is that they have as much of a chance of dieting from flu, other respiratory infections or pneumonia. Wuhan flu is just another of many threats for these people in this unfortunate situation. We don’t wear masks every sick season do we? We don’t shut down business either. I will never understand this overreaction and panic. I am not wearing a mask to make the nervous feel better. I am not staying home. I will not respect any shutdown that could come in the future. I am angry about all the economic damage these people have done to the country in the name of appeasing nervous hand wringing worry warts.

It is also obvious that most mask wearers and shutdown supporters are politically liberal and most who oppose lockdowns and flaunt social pressures and even laws to wear masks are conservative Republicans. Seems Americans are dis united on everything under the sun doesn’t it. The sooner we are all exposed the better....then finally we can be done with this and move on to the next contrived crisis.

Old 06-21-2020, 01:55 PM
JRR

5,509 posts, read 3,210,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
The Wuhan virus is an upper respiratory infection and we all are going to get it. I am not worried about nor do I care if I get it or not. It is sad that some very sick and weak people could die from it but the reality is that they have as much of a chance of dieting from flu, other respiratory infections or pneumonia. Wuhan flu is just another of many threats for these people in this unfortunate situation. We don’t wear masks every sick season do we? We don’t shut down business either. I will never understand this overreaction and panic. I am not wearing a mask to make the nervous feel better. I am not staying home. I will not respect any shutdown that could come in the future. I am angry about all the economic damage these people have done to the country in the name of appeasing nervous hand wringing worry warts.

It is also obvious that most mask wearers and shutdown supporters are politically liberal and most who oppose lockdowns and flaunt social pressures and even laws to wear masks are conservative Republicans. Seems Americans are dis united on everything under the sun doesn’t it. The sooner we are all exposed the better....then finally we can be done with this and move on to the next contrived crisis.
Are you taking into consideration that it might not be so cut and dried that only old or sick people get the virus and die and younger, healthier people get it, recover and get on with their normal lives?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshuac.../#3f21ce365979

Old 06-21-2020, 03:59 PM

8,117 posts, read 8,623,259 times
Quote:
Are you taking into consideration that it might not be so cut and dried that only old or sick people get the virus and die and younger, healthier people get it, recover and get on with their normal lives?

What difference does all that make? Like the common cold that runs wild every year we will all eventually get coronavirus. Hiding under your bed will not change a thing. I am so over all this....so over the worriers and the panic.

Old 06-21-2020, 04:38 PM
JRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
What difference does all that make? Like the common cold that runs wild every year we will all eventually get coronavirus. Hiding under your bed will not change a thing. I am so over all this....so over the worriers and the panic.
As much as it would be nice to declare that the virus is no more than the common cold or flu and that we are sick and tired of hearing about it and are therefore declaring we are over all this, I'm not sure if that is going to work out to be the best outcome. Kind of a big difference between trying to be practical about reducing the spread and hiding under the bed in panic.

Old 06-21-2020, 06:20 PM

17,823 posts, read 5,322,681 times
Quote:
As much as it would be nice to declare that the virus is no more than the common cold or flu and that we are sick and tired of hearing about it and are therefore declaring we are over all this, I'm not sure if that is going to work out to be the best outcome. Kind of a big difference between trying to be practical about reducing the spread and hiding under the bed in panic.
Not to mention the long term effects of this virus even on those who aren't hospitalized. It's frightening.

Old 06-22-2020, 02:02 PM

697 posts, read 1,294,854 times
Of course I don't want the virus nor do I want anyone in my family to get it. However, the solution cannot simply be a health care focus or an economic focus. There must be a balance between those two things as well as our constitutional rights which the courts will be deciding in the years to come cases related to COVID restrictions and I don't claim to know exactly where the line will be drawn between excessive restrictions vs. allowable ones.

The biggest problem is that we are so politically divisive about absolutely everything that no nuanced thought is taking place.

Old 06-22-2020, 02:23 PM
JRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchometeam View Post
Of course I don't want the virus nor do I want anyone in my family to get it. However, the solution cannot simply be a health care focus or an economic focus. There must be a balance between those two things as well as our constitutional rights which the courts will be deciding in the years to come cases related to COVID restrictions and I don't claim to know exactly where the line will be drawn between excessive restrictions vs. allowable ones.

The biggest problem is that we are so politically divisive about absolutely everything that no nuanced thought is taking place.
I agree. We can't wish the virus away and we can't stay in a state of lockdown forever. What we need is for our political leaders to get serious in getting together with our health experts and work out a sane plan to get us through this. They need to ignore the noise and put on their big boy pants and lead.

Do I think that is going to happen? I'm not really that optimistic as we are still seeing spikes in some areas of Tennessee and some real problems in other states.

Old 06-25-2020, 02:09 PM

26,747 posts, read 24,268,898 times
Quote:

So this was a survey study (cant find the questions) given to 1622 people. average 53 years old who were maybe positive but did not seek treatment for Covid-19. They had complaints of fatigue, shortness of breath, trouble walking or exercising, etc. 2 weeks to a month after contracting the virus.

"Of those surveyed, 91 percent were not treated in hospital and 43 percent were not diagnosed by a doctor. The average age of the respondents is 53 years. 85 percent say they were in good health before the infection. Now it's only 6%. Almost half say they can no longer exercise and more than 60 percent have problems walking."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee