U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2020, 03:44 PM

1 posts, read 311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Kind of a big difference between trying to be practical about reducing the spread and hiding under the bed in panic.

How is shutting down the entire economy "practical?"
Rate this post positively

Old 06-28-2020, 04:04 PM
JRR

5,513 posts, read 3,213,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy17max View Post
How is shutting down the entire economy "practical?"
It is the people who don't want to be practical when it comes to wearing masks and social distancing who put us on the road to closing down the economy again. Florida, Arizona and Texas are examples. I'm not in favor of closing things down; I'm in favor of trying to be smart about this situation

Old 06-28-2020, 07:18 PM

6,622 posts, read 11,702,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
It is the people who don't want to be practical when it comes to wearing masks and social distancing who put us on the road to closing down the economy again. Florida, Arizona and Texas are examples. I'm not in favor of closing things down; I'm in favor of trying to be smart about this situation
Precisely. I don't want things to shut down again. I don't want to see the virus spread out of control. We can't 100% stop the spread, but there are some very easy, common sense things that we can do to help slow the spread. Unfortunately, a segment of the population is throwing a giant tantrum because they feel their facial comfort rights and stranger proximity rights are being violated.

Old 07-01-2020, 01:49 PM

13,297 posts, read 7,390,015 times
What is the current regulation with regard to restaurants in Tennessee? Does it very by location and each local government sets their own?

Old 07-01-2020, 02:07 PM

29,414 posts, read 22,295,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
What is the current regulation with regard to restaurants in Tennessee? Does it very by location and each local government sets their own?
Officially, I think it's either half or three-quarter capacity and no seating in the bar. Many places are distancing tables, but most bars I've been to serve at the bar and some places are no masks/no distancing.

Old 07-01-2020, 02:31 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,605,761 times
Quote:
Not sure about "regulation" but you can search the company website for the locations that are open for dine in or just takeout. About 1/2 of the booths or tables may be marked with "Don't sit here" signs. No more cups to get condiments. No dispensers with condiments. Your "order number" may be on paper post it note.

It would appear not all counties are in the same shape. May be smart to search TN Department of Health site for those counties below threshold limits.

Old 07-01-2020, 06:37 PM

So if restaurants are at half capacity that has to be a local law or rule. Which is an absolute good one. Hopefully between that and the carryout business they can stay afloat. They have to keep them open if it all possible but they also need to be safe or they may shut down again as we have seen in other parts of the country.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:26 PM

12,885 posts, read 16,426,545 times
Quote:
https://www.tn.gov/governor/covid-19...uidelines.html
My understanding is that some county health departments also have the authority to establish their own guidelines, so you may find it varies from place to place. Best bet would probably go the gov't. website for the county you're interested in.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
https://www.tn.gov/governor/covid-19...uidelines.html
My understanding is that some county health departments also have the authority to establish their own guidelines, so you may find it varies from place to place. Best bet would probably go the gov't. website for the county you're interested in.
Oh I was just curious. With an at risk wife I think I'll avoid an area where a cashier coughs with no mask or even covering her mouth. No we need to avoid an area with so many with that mindset. Too bad, I was thinking about another trip this summer/fall.

Old 07-02-2020, 08:43 AM

3,806 posts, read 3,607,219 times
Quote:
Oh I was just curious. With an at risk wife I think I'll avoid an area where a cashier coughs with no mask or even covering her mouth. No we need to avoid an area with so many with that mindset. Too bad, I was thinking about another trip this summer/fall.

Here is the Nashville specific plan: https://www.asafenashville.org/roadm...ing-nashville/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee