Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,473 times

Advertisements

I am shopping to retire in the Dunlap, Tn area in the mountains of Sequatchie County. Anyone have any idea what land goes for per acre there? I have heard it is beautiful and reasonably priced. Also, any recommendations for a realtor for the land? Thanks, Richard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2007, 04:35 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,876,105 times
Smile Walden Ridge this week.

Rich: I was just out hiking the ridge Saturday 56 degrees. Will try attach pic. We are off area of Rt #111 between Dunlap and Dayton, which we like. Have a few church neighbors that live in that gorge. Pvt msg if anything else you think of. Raw acreage, undeveloped, about $5,000 per acre might be a good deal target. Some TRACTS are being sub-divided as companies, like Bowater lumber, are selling off after the Pine Beetle disease. Five acre tracts are quite common. Again to get paved road or water line access might raise the market value. New Wal-Mart oped last week. Whole region getting popular, but large, large , large supply of stuff available. CUMBERLAND Trail 305 mile linear Hiking trail still being developed....BROW lots also desirable...[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-28-2009, 08:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,987 times
My husband and I purchased a lot in the Stone Creek section almost 2 years ago on which we plan to build in approximately 10 yrs just before we hit retirement age. (God willing) While it is true there are some large homes and open meadows and bluffs, and most likely these are owned by persons with disposable income to spare, I wouldn't classify oursleves as being very, very wealthy; just a middle-class couple. The diversity of the development will change as time goes by and other owners like my husband and I permanently relocate.

I feel that our lot truly evokes a 'mountain feel' and we like the proximity to Dunlap for basic services and the relatively short commute into Chattanooga should we need advanced care or services. As for expense... yes the lots are a little pricey...but we like the trails and parks, and the fact that water, electricity and computer access is already available.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:14 AM

7 posts, read 19,282 times
Talking stone creek in dunlap

We also purchased a beautiful lake front lot in stone creek! The development is gorgeous, the trails are heavenly and the views are out of this world. We cant wait to build in our retirement years, which are coming up faster and faster each day :-> And we love the small town feeling of Dunlap, yet also feel that Chattanooga is close enough should we need any 'big city' services.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,389 times
Does anyone else have property in this area that they will be building on soon or are already living here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee