Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 03:53 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't jump at anything. There is a glut of land for sale right now. Once the fall comes around, expect the prices to drop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 06:58 AM

445 posts, read 1,682,944 times
Default speaking of the fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I wouldn't jump at anything. There is a glut of land for sale right now. Once the fall comes around, expect the prices to drop.
It is a good idea to view prospective land in different seasons or at least to see photos of the land you are interested in. The beautiful fall leaves will get you every time. What does it look like in the dead of winter when it is dreary and all the leaves are off. What do you see down the road or in back of you etc.
What does it look like in the summer when the trees are full? Just a suggestion to pick a few places and look at them more than once.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:59 PM

35 posts, read 104,270 times
Default Land closing costs in Maryvile

I was in Maryville last week and found 2, 5 acre lots, level building spots, mountain view, 10,000 an acre within 10 miles of city limit, great schools, but wow just found out closing costs threw the costs up more than I can afford with 15% down, and they wont finance them in with the loan, does anyone know what closing costs should be on 5 acres? or where to check for land loans that will finance closing costs in

by the way I wanted a stream and mounatin view but I ws told that on a mountain you get the view or live in a valley for a stream/creek, you cant have both?!

Old 07-08-2008, 10:05 PM

35 posts, read 104,270 times
Default Facing Wildlife Refuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLARD View Post
If your interested in family activities you don't necessarily have to have 10 acres....have you considered buying a smaller lot near state owned public land. One thing Tn doesn't have a shortage of is: state parks, natural areas, wild life mgmt areas, national recreation areas, etc.

They range from a few hundred acres to over 100,000 acres (Big South Fork Ntl Rec Area), and many offer year round classes and coordinated activities for all ages... spelunking (sp?), rock climbing, white water rafting, horseback riding, hiking.... you name it. Some have ampitheaters with weekly folk music, others rent canoes, etc.

You could afford to spend more per acre...get less acreage .... but live near or next to one of Tn's many public lands.

The 5 acres we found face the wildlife refuse/mountainside for $10,000 an acre, no stream, and has limited restrictions, in other words allow modular homes, does that make the land hold less value? if we build do you think we would overbuild if there are modular homes in this location?

Old 07-09-2008, 07:49 AM

31 posts, read 134,727 times
Default closing costs

I recently purchased land in Mcminn Co. and was shocked to find out how low the closing costs were. The land is vacant and unimproved, and I did not finance, but it was VERY minimal. I currently live in FL and for a residence it is very high 4k and up, so I was pleasantly surprised! Good luck to you, it takes a while to find the right land for what you want.

NKVETTE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee