Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 07:01 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
At the risk of furthering this thread off-topic, I agree! We have our flag flying and our purple heart on display in a place of prominence in our home. God Bless America and may all our armed forces and veterans be honored or memorialized with respect.
Your husband has a Purple Heart?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 07:41 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Your husband has a Purple Heart?
My husband has one that was his dads (Marine, wounded in combat) that died last year; and my kids other grandfather (Air Force) actually has 2. He was a pilot and shot down twice; once in Korea and once in Vietnam. He is still alive. We have a little vignette in our family room for Memorial Day with his and other family pictures of loved ones that have passed, the purple heart and some of his medals and a small flag. (I am one of those that likes to celebrate any and all holidays) We have our large flag flying outside. Incidentally, my youngest did a big project this past semester for a class at MHS on my FIL for Veterans Day and the story of his military career and his teacher submitted it somewhere and PBS has contacted us. They are going to use it in a documentary and my mother in law is flying here from Texas and they are going to interview her and my husband and my son.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:53 AM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Some of the off topic chat started here has been continued in a new thread. //www.city-data.com/forum/tenne...-veterans.html

Sorry for the interruption to this thread; back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:09 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,581,185 times
Laura, Hiknapster, JMC, your observations are right but it's not just E. TN it's all over the country. I spent some time down in South Carolina and the big boom of 2nd home owners and transplants in Charleston/Greenville has slowed down drastically however they are still building (they know somethings out there). Out here in Colorado in the 90-2000 we grew by about a million people, it has slowed down a bit due to economy but supposedly after 2010 it will pick up again. Depending on what kind of projection you use, our population in CO though smaller now will surpass TN in about 2025-2030. Knoxville is projected to grow to 200,000 people and then flatten out, if I find the exact document I'll post a link to it.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:52 PM

445 posts, read 1,682,554 times
Default going to whine again

We had a lovely Memorial Day, with thoughts of course of my deployed son stirring around..but we were in Crossville visiting our property and then golfed in Cookeville.
We spent time at Cumberland Moutain State Park and ate dinner there at the restaurant, probably my favorite restaurant out of anywhere I have ever been.
So, once again I am going to whine that I want to move so badly. At least my husband went one step further mentally and asked if I knew who we would submit our plans to once we decide on what we want to build. It gives me hope!

Old 05-28-2008, 04:40 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,066,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbied View Post
We had a lovely Memorial Day, with thoughts of course of my deployed son stirring around..but we were in Crossville visiting our property and then golfed in Cookeville.
We spent time at Cumberland Moutain State Park and ate dinner there at the restaurant, probably my favorite restaurant out of anywhere I have ever been.
So, once again I am going to whine that I want to move so badly. At least my husband went one step further mentally and asked if I knew who we would submit our plans to once we decide on what we want to build. It gives me hope!

You were in Crossville and didn't stop in......shame,shame....

Old 05-29-2008, 06:30 AM

Default I would have... husband in tow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
You were in Crossville and didn't stop in......shame,shame....
I am more open and friendly than husband is.. he is not as easy going. We wanted to do a lot of sight seeing or checking places out. But Bones, when we come for a week next time, I hope you have the coffee pot on !

Old 05-29-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
I am more open and friendly than husband is.. he is not as easy going. We wanted to do a lot of sight seeing or checking places out. But Bones, when we come for a week next time, I hope you have the coffee pot on !
Coffee pot will be on, bring you fishing poles, and be prepared to step back in time and relax.....

Old 05-29-2008, 07:27 AM

Default Bones, you have my promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Coffee pot will be on, bring you fishing poles, and be prepared to step back in time and relax.....
Do you smoke cigars by any chance?
I promise when we are in again next time, we will call on you.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Do you smoke cigars by any chance?
I promise when we are in again next time, we will call on you.
I smoke, but not cigars and not inside..... I will hold ya to the promise.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee