Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 07:39 PM

6,627 posts, read 4,287,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
It's pretty obvious that towns pay to get included on this list. I wish that Townend had kept their wallet closed. But there are new businesses like the Quiet Side brewery which ironically wants Townsend more crowded in the quest for more business.

The fact is there is no Town in Townsend. Just assorted businesses sprinkled along a road and bike path. Lieper's Fork is even less dense. It's a rural area with a couple of picturesque stores.

You will notice Franklin is not on that list and it should be near the top.

That said, I'm happy to see Greenville obtaining publicity. Greenville has so much potential as the pictures show.
Agree about Franklin. Definitely should be near the top of the list..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2023, 07:12 PM

70 posts, read 73,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Elizabethton is on two rivers (the Doe and Watauga) and is actually one of the nicer small towns in East TN!
I did not think Elizabethton was as nice as I heard it was to few people. We stayed there in April last year for a whole week. It was not very pretty in town. It looked run down etc.

Old 01-12-2023, 10:49 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
... Pigeon Forge? Townsend!? Not to be hard on my home state, but I truly hope no one goes to Pigeon Forge hoping to be stunned by its picturesque beauty. I guess Gatlinburg is nearby for disappointed travelers...

This has to just be clickbait. Yes, these towns have mountain views, but some of them are just collections of strip malls or old converted houses along four-lane highways. ???
I was thinking the same about tourist traffic.

Old 01-16-2023, 12:45 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,506,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperG1rl View Post
I did not think Elizabethton was as nice as I heard it was to few people. We stayed there in April last year for a whole week. It was not very pretty in town. It looked run down etc.
Agree here. I have distant relatives who live in Elizabethton, and have visited over the years. It's not well kept. It's in a very pretty area, but it's also a bit more difficult to get to than the core cities of NE Tennessee. The covered bridge downtown is a nice centerpiece, and the density of its downtown is a nice start for what could be a very quaint mountain city if it ever gets an infusion of new industry. It has a lot of old plants, many are abandoned. The raw material is there, but it's not there at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee