Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2007, 09:39 AM

2 posts, read 5,079 times

Advertisements

My family plans to move to Sevierville,TN in Summer 2008, I think we will have to rent for a awhile while we look for a home to buy. Are there any rentals? we are willing to live in a apartment for the short time before buying. Also, we are concerned that what if we cannot find a home right in the same area we are renting will the kids have to once again switch schools? We will buy in Sevierville but Im just not sure how the schools are broken up. Thank you to anyone for any helpful info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2007, 07:15 PM

359 posts, read 1,635,538 times
My advice would be this: If you are going to buy in Sevierville, you should also rent in Sevierville, so the kids won't have to change schools. There are several schools in town, though. You can google, using the following words: Sevier County schools, to see where the schools are.

I work in another county, in a school system. And we are VERY picky about students living in the zone of the particular school where they are enrolled. I would think that applies to other school systems in the state.

Old 01-08-2007, 04:53 AM

2 posts, read 5,079 times
Default One more question?

Whant I am wondering is there apartments in Sevierville? Where I live now they have no such thing as apartments and like I said I would like to rent and then buy in the same school district. Thank you again to anyone with info.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:53 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
My suggestion would be to find a Realtor now, even though you want to buy in a while. They will know about rentals that are available in the school district you want to buy in. It will also give you an idea if you have found a good Realtor. If they know you want to buy later, they should help you now.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:05 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthemove2008 View Post
Whant I am wondering is there apartments in Sevierville? Where I live now they have no such thing as apartments and like I said I would like to rent and then buy in the same school district. Thank you again to anyone with info.
Google: Sevierville apartments

If you go to apartmentratings.com you can see what people have said about them

You can also try www.seviervilleapartments.com

Do not rent without visiting - virtual tour, pics - doesn't matter - visit. Trust me on this. If the main photo of the apartment complex is the front sign, be suspicious because that's usually the best landscaped part of the complex and it doesn't necessarily mean the rest of the place is that well kept. If none of the ad photos show the actual building, also be suspicious. Ask about break ins (cars, too). Walk around the back of the building. You'd be surprised - some beautiful complexes can have train tracks behind that lovely woods or stream or be back to back with a busy firehouse, for example.

Ask about parking (eyeball it in your evening visit - are there enough spaces or do you have to park very far away if you get home late), Section 8?, is there a washer/dryer hookup in the apartment or do you have to go to a common laundry room, trash policy (don't live near the dumpster, playground, clubhouse/pool, car wash-if they have one), is water included in the rent, the complex's policy on entering your apartment and how often they do it, gas or electric appliances, what rooms are wired for cable. Don't assume anything. Observe - is the complex too near a high school (petty crime)? If you have pets, it's usually extra and breeds and weight are sometimes restricted. Look around when you visit. Do people pick up after their dogs? How easy is it to enter and exit the complex? Do you exit right out on a main road/hwy? After the front office is done with you, drive around the complex yourself and write down the number on the buildings you will or won't live in.

If you visit to see the apartment during the day, visit again in the evening when people are home from work and kids are home from school. Do they hang out outside during all hours of the night?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee