Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 06:24 AM

445 posts, read 1,683,046 times

Advertisements

I have not heard from him in about two weeks other than a brief minute to get his sisters phone number. The battery on the phone was running out.

I expect he will have gotten a hundred cards based on our family and the responses on the website. He works 6-9 days in a row, often 10-12 hour days. What this means is he will not be able to write people back and thank them for the card. I hope you all sent a card from your heart without any expectations. I know most did and I thank you for showing my son and any of our soldiers you do this for that AMERICA stands behind them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 03:15 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,520,245 times
No expectations !!! Just the "Joy" of reaching out and saying Thank You and Happy Birthday............ To some one far from home.... I know!! been their done that....

Old 06-23-2008, 04:29 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
It never even entered my mind to expect to hear back from him. I cannot imagine how busy and long his days are. I sincerely hope that our collective cards brighten his day and he can fondly think back on this birthday with the remembrance that while he was separated from friends and family by many miles, he was close at heart.

Hang in there Mom; his birthday this year is bittersweet for you I am sure. We celebrate you also on his birthday; thank you for supporting our country by sharing your son with us all!

Old 06-23-2008, 05:29 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,319,846 times
Not an expectations of any kind here either. Well, other than to hopefully put a smile on one of our soldiers face for even a minute, call me selfish.
Hang in there Mom, he did what he is doing out of choice and pride. Share the pride.
It is a good sign that he was raised right. Good job Mom.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:17 PM

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/5.gif (broken link)

Old 06-27-2008, 02:16 AM

445 posts, read 1,683,046 times
Default Tinman, thank you

I sent him the link to the message via email. He doesnt much get a chance to get on but he will know you were wishing him well here.

I cant sleep. I am soooo very blessed that he is celebrating this birthday even though the second one there. I only hope for peace for our nation and our world so that my son, other sons and daughters of every nation may keep celebrating their birthdays in peace and with family and friends.

It might be a good idea to take this moment on my son's birthday to wish for world peace .

Old 06-27-2008, 03:12 PM

270 posts, read 796,575 times
Awe Robbied we know he is to busy over there to write us all back, no worries, we have no expectations of him writing us all. I just wanted to wish him a Happy Birthday and thank him for all he is doing.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:39 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,290,327 times
I wish I had seen this in time! Is it too late to send belated birthday wishes? I guess we have been traveling so much I just jump on-line and look at Chattanooga and Ga and jump off.

Please let me know if I can send a card!!! If not, tell him to take care, and myself and my family wish him well and that he (along with all of them) are true heros!

Old 06-27-2008, 05:35 PM

Default 'elohinodohiyigesesti'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbied View Post
I sent him the link to the message via email. He doesnt much get a chance to get on but he will know you were wishing him well here.

I cant sleep. I am soooo very blessed that he is celebrating this birthday even though the second one there. I only hope for peace for our nation and our world so that my son, other sons and daughters of every nation may keep celebrating their birthdays in peace and with family and friends.

It might be a good idea to take this moment on my son's birthday to wish for world peace .
'ELOHINODOHIYIGESESTI' Cherokee for " Peace on Earth"

Old 06-30-2008, 11:12 AM

340 posts, read 1,189,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbied View Post
I have not heard from him in about two weeks other than a brief minute to get his sisters phone number. The battery on the phone was running out.

I expect he will have gotten a hundred cards based on our family and the responses on the website. He works 6-9 days in a row, often 10-12 hour days. What this means is he will not be able to write people back and thank them for the card. I hope you all sent a card from your heart without any expectations. I know most did and I thank you for showing my son and any of our soldiers you do this for that AMERICA stands behind them.
Absolutely no expectations. I hope he and his friends enjoy the goodie box. If it didn't get there for his birthday, it should be there anyday now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee