Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 07:13 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreolaMay View Post

I've already gleaned from this thread that - no one under the age of thirty is going to post in the City-Data forum.
Then you would be wrong.

It sounds like you might be upset. Please realize that you are looking for a specific group of people in a small town. Your results on here are not going to be great.

Try going downtown and talking to the people and see if you have better results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 08:26 AM

13,351 posts, read 39,954,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Then you would be wrong.

It sounds like you might be upset. Please realize that you are looking for a specific group of people in a small town. Your results on here are not going to be great.

Try going downtown and talking to the people and see if you have better results.
I was going to say the same thing.

AreolaMay, you asked us for our opinions, and now it seems you're upset that our opinions aren't what you wanted.

I'm not under 30, but I do teach college, and I work with teenagers in East Knoxville. I'm not very hip, but I know what I know and I'm a careful observer. I honestly don't think the kind of place you want to open will make it in a place like Morristown. Maybe (and that's a big maybe) in Knoxville.

And when we're telling you this, we're not doing it to be mean. We're really trying to help. We don't want to see your business crash and burn.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:02 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
I agree with the others. I know of several posters (and lurkers) on this board that are under 30.

My responses have been thoughtful and honest; and while they may not have been what you wanted to hear, I thought they answered your posed questions.

Come, set up your business and prove us all wrong!

Old 06-18-2008, 07:46 AM

18 posts, read 89,036 times
I didn't get upset, ......... maybe disappointed in all the negativity and yes, some comments posted that maybe I didn't want to hear.
Again, not upset, just disappointed.

But............. I digress.
Still looking at Downtown Morristown (not The DownTown) but another idea.

I will keep y'all posted _ and again - I do thank you all for your input!
Positive and Negative - like I said:

The more I ask, the more I know.

Keep smiling~
Hopie

nb_ I may just have to start another thread though - I"m going complete 180 out.

OH SHOOT - Sorry for those under 30 years - I did not mean to offend, but if you got something to say/add/contribute - say it!
)

Last edited by AreolaMay; 06-18-2008 at 07:47 AM.. Reason: forgot to add.... sorry under 30 yrs. Didn/t see you there.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:22 AM

Just to clarify. I am not under 30. However, there are regulars on the Tennessee forum that are, and lots of people under 30 on the entire city-data website.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:35 AM

142 posts, read 501,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crescentia View Post
It's not like Goth at all actually. The modern Emo thing is a totally manufactured subculture. It's a marketing strategy to sell records and clothes to teens. The original Emo movement of the 80's was totally different and was part of the old school punk subculture. Old Emo has nothing to do with the kids running around looking like fashion disasters who call themselves Emo now.

Thanks for saying what I wanted to say before I could say it! Its too bad that this once authentic genre has been pimped out and bastardized like it has.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:12 PM

8 posts, read 26,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
got it! Would I be correct in using it to say to someone Oh, quit being an Emo!???
To further clarify my understanding of this term when I am emotionally out of control due to PMS am I then a Emo? Or do I have to dress like I am an unmade bed, emotional wreck?
Pam
That is definitely one of the funniest things I have ever heard! Very clever! They kind of do look like an unmade bed, don't they? However, I don't really think that term is meant to be used quiet like that. It's more of an adjective than a noun. I don't think PMS makes you emo. It certainly doesn't affect me like that...lol. It's a lifestyle, not really a feeling. Hope that clarifies things a bit.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:08 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,348,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderlady_85 View Post
That is definitely one of the funniest things I have ever heard! Very clever! They kind of do look like an unmade bed, don't they? However, I don't really think that term is meant to be used quiet like that. It's more of an adjective than a noun. I don't think PMS makes you emo. It certainly doesn't affect me like that...lol. It's a lifestyle, not really a feeling. Hope that clarifies things a bit.
It did, thank you. My 16 year old son told me in his school, it's used more as a put down or was a year so back. As he put it..." people just say that to you to make themselves feel better."
Pam

Old 06-19-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
It did, thank you. My 16 year old son told me in his school, it's used more as a put down or was a year so back. As he put it..." people just say that to you to make themselves feel better."
Pam
He's very perceptive, isn't he?

Old 06-19-2008, 07:40 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,348,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
He's very perceptive, isn't he?
Hik,
He makes his mama proud.
Pam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee