Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 02:12 PM

355 posts, read 1,449,676 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone!

I'm heading to Gatlinburg for an educational event this weekend (which also happens to be my birthday weekend) and would like to know what are the must sees, must dos, and must eats while in town?

I thought I saw a picture of a restaurant on a lake? A creek? Something like that..can anyone tell me what it is?

Thanks!

OCG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 03:10 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,681,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyGirl View Post
Hey everyone!

I'm heading to Gatlinburg for an educational event this weekend (which also happens to be my birthday weekend) and would like to know what are the must sees, must dos, and must eats while in town?

I thought I saw a picture of a restaurant on a lake? A creek? Something like that..can anyone tell me what it is?

Thanks!

OCG
Must see--Cade's Cove for beauty, nature and history. And, don't forget peacefulness.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:51 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
Must do's: Hillbilly Golf, The Pancake Pantry, ride the Incline.........Welcome to the area, have fun and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Old 06-17-2008, 07:51 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,681,979 times
Smile Ditto the ride to the heavens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Must do's: ride the Incline.........
Absolutely ride the Incline! Beauty from atop the mountains. Well, almost!

Old 06-18-2008, 07:55 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,314,479 times
Must see -- Traffic

Must do -- Sit in traffic

Other than that, definitely go to Hillbilly Golf. That is one of the coolest things ever, imo. And I like the aquarium, though some folks don't. And the incline. In a former life, I would have recommended that you venture over the state line to Ghost Town in the Sky -- but the fact that it's been closed for a decade sort of shows my age, doesn't it?

Have fun. And get out and walk. Don't sit in traffic.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:01 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,362,327 times
Cades Cover, The Old Mill (in Pigeon Forge)for either lunch or dinner, and the Great Smoky Mountains.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:00 PM

13 posts, read 61,766 times
Default must do's in Gatlinburg

You've definitely got to go to the Amazing Mirror Maze- There is 2 downtown , we went to the one by the wax museum. Ripley's has the other and i'm sure it's great. It's a ton of fun, especially watching the person in front of you try to find their way out lol. Also go to the Old Mill Pottery House Cafe & Grill in Pigeon Forge- they have a great lunch menu(It's right across the street from the Old Mill). One of our faves is the Ogle Dog(footlong corndog) at Fannie Farkles downtown G-burg.Do go see Cades Cove- We've been lucky the past 2 years to get to see a mother bear with 2 cubs right outside of Cades Cove. With road construction crews out there cleaning the road sides I think it brings them out to move around. So always be watching the sides and have your camera ready. This was the first time I didn't sit on the passenger side and I was showing my son the trees and all of a sudden there were the bears and by the time we got turned around and came back by she was already moving down into the woods.. So be prepared and have a great time! Happy Birthday

Old 06-19-2008, 09:21 AM

8 posts, read 26,958 times
I live about 2 hours from Gatlinburg, so when I was growing up my family spent at least 3 or 4 long weekends up there each summer. I still love to go there. Here are my recommendations...If you like theme parks Dollywood is great. The Dixie Stampede is a lot of fun if you don't mind eating with your fingers. The Pancake Pantry has the best breakfast ever. Cades Cove and Clingman's Dome are both beautiful if you're looking for pretty scenery. Shopping at Five Oaks in Sevierville is one of my favorite things to do. Walking the Gatlinburg strip at night is a lot of fun, you can check out all the shops and attractions. The Peddler is a really great restaurant in Gatlinburg, that may be the one beside the creek that you're talking about. There's so much to do up there. I hope you have a great trip!

Old 06-19-2008, 04:53 PM

849 posts, read 2,954,897 times
Smoky Mountain Brewery and Restaurant

Awesome wings!

Old 06-20-2008, 09:41 AM

355 posts, read 1,449,676 times
These are great suggestions! I'm taking my laptop with me so any new updates will be promptly followed up on!

Thank you everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee