Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 12:18 AM
Ody

Location: Right there, next time out, look I could be right next ;or in front of you
136 posts, read 287,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Steel will warp and the welds could crack...

Even some cast iron stoves are firebrick lined.....cast iron can crack also.
They should be heated up slowly...
Lisa Bones is 1000% correct.

I have sent you a DM

Old 04-19-2011, 07:50 AM

510 posts, read 1,386,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeezers View Post
Welcome back to your piece of Heaven on Earth, Lisa and Mike (and Niki, too!) Your home gets nicer with each passing week.

Getting caught up on your story, we noticed several people were concerned with tornados. Each spring, our local office of the National Weather Service conducts a "Spotter Training" course at a variety of venues within its territory. The three hour course teaches about severe weather in general and tornados in particular. The best part is, it's free. We don't know if all offices do this, but it is worth looking into.
This is on the SKYWARN page of the Morristown NOAA (forecast center for East Tenn and SWVA).

Spotter Training Classes from WFO Morristown, TN

Old 04-19-2011, 12:47 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Steel will warp and the welds could crack...

Even some cast iron stoves are firebrick lined.....cast iron can crack also.
They should be heated up slowly...
Yep - and Bones should know - He was there when they were invented - right Cuz?????

Old 04-19-2011, 09:18 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Yep - and Bones should know - He was there when they were invented - right Cuz?????
Good ole Mr. Bones always has our backs eh? WTG Bones!

Enjoyed the update Lisa thanks for keeping us in the loop. Give hugs to Mike & Niki from us please.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:31 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Lisa, glad you, Mike and Nikki are safe at home. I absolutely love your house and the spectacular view. Nikki is such a hard worker lol, and too precious snuggled in her bed. I look forward to your updates.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:07 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
On our way down the driveway Mike lets me out to shovel off some of the cow presents.
Excuse me?

And then he has you do more manual labor while he plays on his tractor?

Girl. You and I need to have a talk.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:09 AM

6 posts, read 12,782 times
Default Looks great!

We would love something like that, although I will admit we do want electricity.

Husband has been looking at houses that are underground for most sides, and I just don't think my allergies could handle it, I do need an airflow. So again, we would need the electricity.

How is this working out for you? I bet it is nice and peaceful.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:42 AM

230 posts, read 552,989 times
Younglisa:

Everyone before me has said it all already but thank you so much for sharing your story. I'm re-reading it all now as more if it has become relevant to our situation recently.

Look forward to more stories, pictures and lessons!

Regards,

CMK10

Old 04-24-2011, 07:25 AM

18 posts, read 39,078 times
just thought i'd add a quick note here:
Amish here recommend the Cunningham and the Hitzer.
there are different sizes and i believe they can burn both coal and wood.
depending on grate in bottom. we got both of ours from Amish who had them in the barn, brand new, buyer didn't pick up so we got half price and they loaded/unloaded for us.
since you have an abundance of free wood and a smaller place to heat (albeit very comfy) i'd choose the Cunningham if you were in the market.

the first year at our place we couldn't afford the triple wall chimney. so we went to junk yard and got a huge steel pipe and put that up. what a mess.
it froze daily and had to be cleaned out same. i do not recommend that.

Happy Easter Everyone!

Old 04-24-2011, 11:04 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma and Pa Kettle View Post
just thought i'd add a quick note here:
Amish here recommend the Cunningham and the Hitzer.
there are different sizes and i believe they can burn both coal and wood.
depending on grate in bottom. we got both of ours from Amish who had them in the barn, brand new, buyer didn't pick up so we got half price and they loaded/unloaded for us.
since you have an abundance of free wood and a smaller place to heat (albeit very comfy) i'd choose the Cunningham if you were in the market.

the first year at our place we couldn't afford the triple wall chimney. so we went to junk yard and got a huge steel pipe and put that up. what a mess.
it froze daily and had to be cleaned out same. i do not recommend that.

Happy Easter Everyone!
Happy Easter and BTW I love your CD name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee