Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2008, 07:44 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,348,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
You can get them online at bamzu.com. But we bought ours at Walmart. These were the original hercules hooks with the free laser level with them. Also bought more at the Dollar General Store without the level for about half price. They're so easy to use my wife let me use them!
Lisa,

We just bought Hercules Hooks today at Bed, Bath and beyond. 20 hooks in the box for $19.99.
I don't comment often on your thread, but I do read it and look forward to your installments weekly. I admire you and Mike for doing what you've done and sharing it with us.
Thanks,
Pam

Old 10-16-2008, 06:54 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,537,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Lisa,

We just bought Hercules Hooks today at Bed, Bath and beyond. 20 hooks in the box for $19.99.
I don't comment often on your thread, but I do read it and look forward to your installments weekly. I admire you and Mike for doing what you've done and sharing it with us.
Thanks,
Pam
I think that's the same price as Walmart. That was with the level wasn't it? The ones I mentioned at the Dollar Store are generic, but are doing just as good. We paid $10 for them. But no laser level! lol Granddaughter took the laser level home with her to drive the cat crazy.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:01 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,348,908 times
Quote:
I think that's the same price as Walmart. That was with the level wasn't it? The ones I mentioned at the Dollar Store are generic, but are doing just as good. We paid $10 for them. But no laser level! lol Granddaughter took the laser level home with her to drive the cat crazy.
Yes, I just went and checked the box out and it has the level inside. I'll report back on what we think of them. The last place we rented we had used those picture hangers with the tape "guaranteed not to disturb the painted walls" What a rip off they were! Not only did they disturb the painted walls but removed strips of the sheetrock!
Pam

Old 10-16-2008, 02:27 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,681,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Yes, I just went and checked the box out and it has the level inside. I'll report back on what we think of them. The last place we rented we had used those picture hangers with the tape "guaranteed not to disturb the painted walls" What a rip off they were! Not only did they disturb the painted walls but removed strips of the sheetrock!
Pam

Oh, that's bad news! Waiting on your report and thanks for researching.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:22 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
I have plaster walls, I think. If you bang a nail into the wall it gouges out an enormous hole. I am paying close attention to this conversation.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I have plaster walls, I think. If you bang a nail into the wall it gouges out an enormous hole. I am paying close attention to this conversation.
We moved in this house in May. My wife is very big on family pictures, old and new. In our dining room/den (one big room) we have ( I just went out to count them) 30 pictures of all sizes, a large shadow box with a big rock used as a digging tool by indians that my wife's 1st husband found, a cuckoo clock and an air freshener all held up by Hercules Hooks. That's not incuding the 3 bedrooms and bathrooms! lol Hiknapster, like I said earlier, they are so easy to use my wife actually let me use them! lol

Old 10-16-2008, 05:23 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
Quote:
We moved in this house in May. My wife is very big on family pictures, old and new. In our dining room/den (one big room) we have ( I just went out to count them) 30 pictures of all sizes, a large shadow box with a big rock used as a digging tool by indians that my wife's 1st husband found, a cuckoo clock and an air freshener all held up by Hercules Hooks. That's not incuding the 3 bedrooms and bathrooms! lol Hiknapster, like I said earlier, they are so easy to use my wife actually let me use them! lol
I just researched it. The chances of that going through my thick, hard plaster is slim to none.

But thanks for the effort! I really appreciate it!

Old 10-16-2008, 06:04 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Thanks everyone. It sounds like the Hercules hooks are great. Now we just have to buy some pictures.

Lisa

Old 10-16-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I just researched it. The chances of that going through my thick, hard plaster is slim to none.

But thanks for the effort! I really appreciate it!
Hik, I'm sorry. Didn't even think of the hard plaster walls. My son said my ex had the same problem...plaster walls. Kind of made her mad that she bought and couldn't use them. Wondered what she could do with them now! I had a very good suggestion but I was nice and kept it to myself! lol

My wife likes to try some of the Seen on TV stuff. Spent some time looking through 2 of their stores in Pigeon Forge, Tn.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:03 PM

3 posts, read 21,515 times
I can't tell you both how much I've come to love and look forward to your posts. You are living a dream for me, and giving me hope and something to work towards. Thank you SO much for sharing.
Continued Best Wishes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee