Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 12:39 PM

130 posts, read 475,106 times

Advertisements

Yet another Floridian headin' to TN. 2 years ago my husband and I bought property in Spencer TN. At the time, it was strictly and investment. Now we love it so much that we are building a true log home, and moving there full time in 3 years. For those of you who are unsure, go there and visit! the opportunities are endless. My husband and I are not rich people, we are comfortable. We are not going there to become rich, but to just slow down and live a simpler life. We have met several FL transplants up there, and we all have the same agenda. Enjoy life, and slow down. We will have to find jobs once we relocate, but if i have to be a greeter at Wal-Mart to be a happier person, i will do so. I have a great job now, but i am finding that there are more important things in life. Our community is called "Hawks Bluff" and is located 52 miles from Chattanooga. It is also 8 miles from Fall Creek Falls State Park. the golf in the the park is unbeleivable, not to metion the numerous waterfalls! Both have websites for those who curiosity i have peaked. My husband and I were one of the 1st people who bought in hawks bluff, and they have since opened up a phase IV! the property values are soaring, and big things are coming there. but i have no doubt that things will stay small enough to have that small town charm that we are all looking for! let me know if anyone would like more information on this area, we are looking for some Floridians to befriend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2006, 10:19 PM

240 posts, read 1,155,524 times
I think you are making a good move. You don't want move floridians to come there. Then it will be just like florida. Peace and quite is the best.

Old 05-25-2006, 12:19 AM

77 posts, read 305,624 times
brcomm0-

I agree, the best areas, need to stay that way...1 Fla is more than enuff

Old 05-25-2006, 10:12 AM

32 posts, read 160,244 times
Default we also our

getting ready to go to tenn to search for a property .were in fla now but sold our home .in aug i will go for 3 weeks looking .i'm gonna check out this area .is there a hospital near by thank you debbie

Old 05-29-2006, 01:46 PM

94 posts, read 387,459 times
Smile Hospital near spencer tn.

Yes there is a hospital near spencer. The next little town north of there--short drive--called Sparta has a hospital. The emergency needs the rural communities are met by a medical helicopter that is based in sparta.

Most rural areas have a pre-designated pick-up zone if there is an urgent need for emergency transport.

Spencer is a very tiny but beautiful town. peaceful and I think they have a good school system. Hope this helps.

Kerry

Old 06-08-2006, 01:52 PM

2 posts, read 5,543 times
Default Yes.....We are coming

I work for a large healthcare system in south Florida and recently bought in Phase II of Hawks Bluff. Through referrals, 8 co-workers have also bought there. We will be building a vacation log home within the next couple of years. According to the public Real Estate Records of Tennessee, most buyers are from right here in South Florida !! The cultural diversity of Florida combined with a beautiful, peaceful community sounds like the perfect combination to me.

Last edited by spulice; 06-08-2006 at 02:04 PM..

Old 06-09-2006, 09:19 AM

63 posts, read 402,482 times
fall creek falls is amazing! you will love it!

Old 07-12-2006, 08:37 AM

518 posts, read 2,225,536 times
Default Hawks Bluff

My wife and I are looking to buy land with an eye toward eventually building a retirement home and have been intrigued by the Web site and TV ads for Hawks Bluff. Any ideas from those of you who have purchased there on what it would cost to build a modestly sized (1,400-1,500 square feet) log home? We love the mountains and climate in western North Carolina, but building costs are spiraling and even a smaller home such as what we are intending to build will run in the high $200,000s there, not including the price of land. We'll be on a budget and don't want to live in a playground for the rich! Is this area of Tennessee a good alternative to western North Carolina? Thanks in advance for responses.

Old 07-12-2006, 03:34 PM

130 posts, read 475,106 times
Go to Hawks Bluff. It will be worth your time. We are in the process of building a modest log home. This area is an alternative to NC which is why we ended up there. Go look at the land first, you have nothing to lose. It doesn't cost you a dime. Once you go, I will share a wonderful Log home company, but for now I will keep it a secret. We don't want for them to get too busy too fast. Go see John in Hawks Bluff, buy some property, and let me know how it goes.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,668 times
Hi,
We are thinking about buying land in Hawks Bluff also. It seems like this is a dream place. Does anybody know how the schools are up there. I will have a daughter in high school when we are ready to make the move from FL. How far is a High School from Hawks Bluff? And can you really get a nice lot about 4 acers for under 50K????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee