Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 05:39 PM

40 posts, read 157,687 times

Advertisements

I am 25 looking to get out of Idaho with my girlfriend. I dont ever want to see snow again. I want to go east do to the fact that I need to be closer to the ATV racing Curcuit. So I have been looking at Tennessee so far. I am looking for land with no home(I will build one), so like 20-30 acres(rolling or flat or treed). I love trees and hate tornados! Warm weather is a must. No hurricanes please. Dont like snakes but I can deal with them. Crime MUST be low! Looking for population around 100,000-150,000. So living on the out skirts of a City is ok. Motocross tracks that are close are a must! For work I am very knowledgable about home construction, I can do many trates. So I prefer that line of work but will keep options open... So what do you all think!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2007, 06:32 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer111 View Post
I am 25 looking to get out of Idaho with my girlfriend. I dont ever want to see snow again. I want to go east do to the fact that I need to be closer to the ATV racing Curcuit. So I have been looking at Tennessee so far. I am looking for land with no home(I will build one), so like 20-30 acres(rolling or flat or treed). I love trees and hate tornados! Warm weather is a must. No hurricanes please. Dont like snakes but I can deal with them. Crime MUST be low! Looking for population around 100,000-150,000. So living on the out skirts of a City is ok. Motocross tracks that are close are a must! For work I am very knowledgable about home construction, I can do many trates. So I prefer that line of work but will keep options open... So what do you all think!
Those are some pretty tall orders! If you don't like snow, then you should stick with West Tennessee. But then you'll have more tornadoes to deal with and West Tennessee cities (Memphis and Jackson) also have more crime. How much snow is tolerable? Just about anywhere in Tennessee will have less snow than you get in Idaho.

The mini-baja team out of Cookeville / Tennessee Tech has won several national championships, so I imagine that would be one place where you could be connected to people who know the ATV racing circuit. As was posted recently here, Cookeville gets an average of 8" of snow per year. It's got 100,000 in its micropolitan statistical area. There are other nice places in East Tennessee, too, although they tend to get a bit more snow (statistically).

Old 01-19-2007, 05:34 PM

I just dont like it. If it snow then melts thats one thing but when you have it all winter(4 months of it) thats too much. here it is ONLY NICE FOR 3 STRAIT MONTHS and thats it. Other wise it is cold or raining. So Does that help. Is there another state to maybe consider?

Old 01-19-2007, 05:42 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer111 View Post
I just dont like it. If it snow then melts thats one thing but when you have it all winter(4 months of it) thats too much. here it is ONLY NICE FOR 3 STRAIT MONTHS and thats it. Other wise it is cold or raining. So Does that help. Is there another state to maybe consider?
Well the snow here rarely stays very long. Since I mentioned Cookeville in my previous post, you should know that they have had one day of snow so far this winter. Just one day, and it melted that day.

If you want someplace where it doesn't snow at all, then you should check out Florida or south Georgia or south Alabama.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:23 PM

Hmmm, I was affraid somebody would say that. I think I would rather have a little snow, than high humidity though in that aspect. I have no idea of how the "South" really is, but every body I have asked, said the same thing about humidity downt there. So there are some bad things I would rather have than others

Old 01-19-2007, 06:32 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
We do have several days, sometimes weeks in mid summer where it does get very humid. I thought moving away from FL, I would not have to deal with that anymore. Granted, I can deal with the few days of it verses months of it!.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:46 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
BUT...

Humidity here is brutal for most people. In fact, the locals complain about it incessantly.

You hate snow and humidity and love ATVing? Then why, young man, have you not looked into Arizona and Nevada?

Try there.

And the very best wishes to you.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:48 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,873,725 times
Thumbs up My New Neighbor . ?

Q.R. Sounds like you are ready to be my new neighbor. Also posted info today about the ATV parks, below on page 1 "Moving from CT". Tellico has OHV area. S.E. part of state at crossroads of I-75 and I-24 for travel. Last weekend was 70 degrees, rode cycle on road both days.
Also WWW.WINDROCKATV.com" has your action, at Oliver Springs,37840.
Just north or West of Dayton seems to be your target. I did my RESEARCH to escape the storms of Fla. Lets 'GIT-Er-done".!

Old 01-19-2007, 08:02 PM

630 posts, read 2,431,494 times
Where in Idaho are you?
Have you tried the Boise area?

They don't have a lot of snow... and you won't have the humidity.
There are lots of places to ATV in Owyhee County, near the foothills, out past Marsing.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:48 PM

TNBound-Boise isnt bad, but I want to go East! Boise was a direction I was going to go until I wanted to go East.

Hik- Also Arizona was in the runnings also but again... East is where I am thinking....

I am up in Northern Idaho. Very pretty here, but its not my cup of tea

Split- I like what you are saying! FEED ME! lol so where is it you are at now, Dayton Ohio?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee