Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2007, 08:05 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,362,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
This link is for allergy triggered asthma, which is not what I have.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:13 PM

1,093 posts, read 471,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
Actually, when we spent 8 days in TN, my asthma never once bothered me. Its cold and damp that makes it worse. Humidity and heat doesn't seem to bother me at all.

Good point, my son's trigger was head colds, some asthma is triggered by physical activity, each person learns their trigger. Lots of people think the desert is best, but not for all asthma suffers. It's not necessarily the environment.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:21 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,134,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah53 View Post
Good point, my son's trigger was head colds, some asthma is triggered by physical activity, each person learns their trigger. Lots of people think the desert is best, but not for all asthma suffers. It's not necessarily the environment.
It's ironic that so many suffering from asthma and other allergy ailments were advised over the last few decades to move to Arizona and other desert climes.

Unfortunately, those moves were in vain for many with allergies. Studies have shown that the pollution, urban sprawl and Easterners newly planted green leafy plants in Arizona have created an environment hazardous to asthma sufferers.

The desert air might be dry, but it isn't allergy free any longer.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:44 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,225,957 times
I did not read all of the one-million posts, but I think its just that area (Gatlinburg and vicinity). It is a high-traffic tourist area and 98% of the people there are just "passing through".

We are 101 miles from Gatlinburg and the last time we were there I remember that burgers at fast food restaurants were like .20-.40 cents higher. I am sure that the local supermarket chains like Wal-Mart and Food City would have the same prices as other markets in the region.

Fruit stands? I never paid no attention about the lack of them there... I guess because when we are there, we are not shopping for produce. Around here in northeast Tennessee, in the Tri-Cities metro, we are flooded out with produce markets. I know of at least 5 or 6 here in Bristol.

BTW - whats a "Meijer"?

Old 10-13-2007, 05:13 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanMom View Post
Yes it's different Amy and my good advice is never compare a new place with the old one you lived in,thats what makes things harder on you,just try to discover the new place,and the things it has to offer rather than looking back, look at the cup half full not half empty and things will look up.
People are nice here ask all the questions you want and I tell you,you will get an answear
I'am moving in soon from Germany never been in TN but through people here on this forum learned a lot LoL even driving distances,saw pics thanks to JMT,learned about cost of living for groceries,power bills,internet and cable and so on and you know what my big secret is "ask all the questions you can",people are more to comply if you ask for their help then complain.So take adventage of the hospitallity everyone here loves to give and try to make the things thats not so perfect right now better I assure you,youre not alone here

PS and Thanks to all that take their time to help all of us seeking to live in TN
I was in Food City the other day and noticed in their ethnic food section is German food/drink.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:01 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
My husband can get giardiniera sauce here, which is a Chicago product. He couldn't get it in Florida.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:17 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
Meijer is a store chain mostly "up north"

It is about time for us to trek up to an apple orchard up between Abingdon and Marion, VA for our couple of bushels of apples. Yippeee!

Old 10-13-2007, 09:47 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,362,867 times
No Meijer here in the Northeast. Never heard of it.
We have Food City just down the street from us. Only go there if out of bread and milk. Do most of my grocery shopping at a small chain (ME and NH) called Hannaford's. Our Food City is tiny compared to the one I saw in Pigeon Forge or Sevierville.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:18 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,134,645 times
Smile 5 states with Meijer's generates so much activity on forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
No Meijer here in the Northeast. Never heard of it.
We have Food City just down the street from us. Only go there if out of bread and milk. Do most of my grocery shopping at a small chain (ME and NH) called Hannaford's. Our Food City is tiny compared to the one I saw in Pigeon Forge or Sevierville.
Actually, the Meijer chain stores are in only 5 states: MI, IL, IN, OH, and KY. I guess that goes to show you how many residents/soon-to-be residents in Tennessee are from that small section of the country!

Old 10-13-2007, 10:24 AM

3 posts, read 6,783 times
eastern tennessee sounds good to me. I want to mve there from indiana . Can I hear more about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee