Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2008, 03:09 PM

2 posts, read 2,672 times

Advertisements

HELLO! This is my first day ever posting on this site, I just discovered it about an hour ago. I am going to ramble on for a moment......let's see............what do I want to ramble about.....ok.

When I realized that Tennessee would always be home for me!

I graduated from nursing school in 2004, worked in Chattanooga for a year, and then decided to try out travel nursing. I have always lived in or close to Chattanooga (I lived and grew up in Whitwell until I was 18, then moved to Chatt.) and I could not wait to venture out to see what other areas were like.
The first travel assignment that I took was in Maine from October 1-December 31, 2005. I knew that the weather was colder up north, but I did not realize how different it was. Maine is a beautiful state, but late November-early December I found myself searching for Tennessee websites online. I even checked the weather in Chattanooga daily, since the weather in Maine every day was SNOW!
After being gone from Chattanooga for 3 months I decided to take a travel position up in Kingsport, TN. This is a beautiful area. I had imagined it to be more "city" than it is, and I could not get enough of the "Purple Cow"!!! I ended up working in Kingsport for 9 months, but the 4 hour drive back to Chattanooga once a week was tiring (especially if there was a VOLS game).
Next I decided to try out Boston. I was only there for a week, it was a "nursing strike". There are alot of cool things in Boston, alot of history, great food, good beer..............but it was nice for a week and then I was happy to go home.
Finally I went to Arizona for some RN agency work for a few weeks (early December). I started in Phoenix-it was 85-90 degrees, the sky loked like an orange haze, and there was no grass to be seen for miles! This may be normal for the people who live there, but I was amazed! I did see some Christmas decorations and lights in peoples yards, hanging on their cactus plants. The traffic was pretty bad as well, I would definitely say worse than I have ever seen in this state or GA. My last wek in AZ I drove through the desert (I was so excited, this was my first time ever seeing the desert), up the mountain to a SMALL city called Payson. My last day there it snowed 3-4 inches............I was outta there!!!!!!!!!!!!

I realized after I stopped traveling how LUCKY I am to have always lived in such a beautiful city and state! And there is so much to do here with the mountains, rivers, etc.....we have great weather (okay, except for the humid as hell summers).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee