Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 07:20 AM

5 posts, read 15,623 times

Advertisements

my family and i want tobuy a farm in a small town in tennessee . i also have a small child that i think would benifit being raised in a close knit town with strong family values and a friendly community, we dont want to ruffle feathers, we are so ready to kick back and enjoy every thing about a small country town . we want to grow vegs and maybe some small animals , we want land to preserve and pass down to family as the years go by. now we live in a town that has no respect for anything, people wont even look you in the eye, and if you try to help someone out they think your out to screw them over- i dont want to raise my child here, i want a place to take a deep breathe,relax and enjoy everything around me! can anyone help me out? trying to stay in the northern/middle tennessee area. thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 08:19 AM
H10

89 posts, read 308,007 times
You'd probably want to stay out of the Nashville Metro-area then.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:33 AM

21 posts, read 91,733 times
Default Small towns

We are wanting to move to south western TN, to the Wayne County area.
You might check ouLawrenceburg (the biggest city), Clifton, Waynesboro or Collinwood. Small towns, only a little over 2,000 people in Clifton and Waynesboro. Just an idea.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:21 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,935,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacenquite View Post
my family and i want tobuy a farm in a small town in tennessee . i also have a small child that i think would benifit being raised in a close knit town with strong family values and a friendly community, we dont want to ruffle feathers, we are so ready to kick back and enjoy every thing about a small country town . we want to grow vegs and maybe some small animals , we want land to preserve and pass down to family as the years go by. now we live in a town that has no respect for anything, people wont even look you in the eye, and if you try to help someone out they think your out to screw them over- i dont want to raise my child here, i want a place to take a deep breathe,relax and enjoy everything around me! can anyone help me out? trying to stay in the northern/middle tennessee area. thank you
Do you need jobs? Are you concerned about schools? Access to medical care, shopping, movie theaters? There are plenty of places in Tennessee that have nice farm land near small towns, but is there anything else you're looking for? That'll help us narrow down some choices.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:07 PM

21 posts, read 91,733 times
Default What other cities/areas would you suggest

Hi
As I mentioned, we are thinking about Wayne county for our future move. We do not have school aged children and I would only want a P/T job as I will be eligible to get my pension. Right now, it takes me about 30 to 45 minutes to get the one of the malls, so traveling a little bit (less than 1 hour) would not be a big deal. Any other places you might want to recommend for us to look at before making a final decision?

Old 09-15-2008, 05:17 PM

5 posts, read 15,623 times
Smile peacenquite

i dont know if u were responding to me but i am worried about schools, i would think any small town may have small schoolin turn small class rms, i maybe off here but right now my son has 34 children in it with one teacher, hes not getting any extra help if needed, as for jobs- my husband has 12 years in fence instalation, if been doing my homework there- looking up fence companies and where theyre at. right now hes driving about 45 miles one way- again more worried about being labled an outsider - ill work out the details one at a time . thank you for any help

Old 09-15-2008, 06:10 PM

7,534 posts, read 17,219,213 times
Not sure if you're even considering northeast TN, but you might want to. Cultural attractions, some nice farmland areas when you get outside of the metro area (Sullivan, Washinton counties), and perhaps a better economy (and better schools) than some other more remote areas of TN...

Old 09-15-2008, 08:10 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,311,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Not sure if you're even considering northeast TN, but you might want to. Cultural attractions, some nice farmland areas when you get outside of the metro area (Sullivan, Washinton counties), and perhaps a better economy (and better schools) than some other more remote areas of TN...
I agree! I was thinking Limestone, Chucky, Afton areas maybe perfect places for you to look at. They all have fairly good school with smaller class sizes and easy commutes for work. Farm type areas. The folks in those areas seem to be very nice and friendly from what I have encountered. I live a bit further north east and since I have lived in Washington County I have yet to be treated like an "outsider", then again I am married to a native heheheehehe.
Hope that might help some.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:50 PM

7,534 posts, read 17,219,213 times
Totally agreed. I was raised on the Afton/Chuckey border area and love it.

Wow, we make a great tag team, eh?

Old 09-16-2008, 05:53 PM

852 posts, read 3,812,896 times
Unless you have a big pot of money set aside for this dream, how do the finances work for a fence installer and a part-time worker (likely non-professional, or the specific industry would have been mentioned) to buy a farm (and a house to live in)? Again, the relaxing of control over income requirements for loans has been a big factor in the ongoing housing crisis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee