Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 10:20 PM

5,985 posts, read 4,378,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open2Ideas View Post
If you are thinking of relocating to Tennessee, you should be willing to live with closed mindedness, ignorance, racism, and animal neglect/cruelty. Religion is one of the most important things to most Tennesseans. No matter how they treat other people and/or animals or what views they have on anything else, if they are practicing or professed Chrisitians, they are seen as good people. If you don't attend church, you will be hounded to do so and looked down upon if you don't.

Like it or not Tennesseans, this is the truth.
The people you described here could be found in every state I've lived in. All 12 of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 06:25 PM

56 posts, read 233,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNDUDE View Post
02-16-2007, 09:20 AM
rlr
Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2007
2 posts, read 1,111 times

I was looking at moving to Tennessee. Where should I move?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was looking at moving to Tennessee. Where should I move?
I need job opportunities (teaching?) or Accounting, good school for my 8-year old daughter, and reasonable living costs. I would like a neighborhood with sidewalks, not just interstate. Help. Thanks.

Check out this website i found. www.lawsonhicksrealty.com
You can look into Springfield also. Has affordable housing and I think is a good place to live.

Take Care

Old 02-25-2007, 10:02 AM

3 posts, read 5,349 times
Our family moved from a nice area in southern NJ to the Phoenix, AZ are almost 2 yrs ago....I hate it here. Aside from the weather, which is way too hot here, the rude people and absolutely crazy drivers, we have decided we would like to move to TN. A really nice quite affordable community with one of those nice small towns you see in the movies....Anyone have any ideas for us? My husband is a spec. ed teacher and I do insurance work. We have a middle school age child. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:31 AM

13,353 posts, read 39,959,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie4363 View Post
Our family moved from a nice area in southern NJ to the Phoenix, AZ are almost 2 yrs ago....I hate it here. Aside from the weather, which is way too hot here, the rude people and absolutely crazy drivers, we have decided we would like to move to TN. A really nice quite affordable community with one of those nice small towns you see in the movies....Anyone have any ideas for us? My husband is a spec. ed teacher and I do insurance work. We have a middle school age child. Any help would be appreciated.
There are lots of places in Tennessee that sound like what you describe. Help us out with a bit more specifics. Are you looking for acreage? How small of a town do you want? Do you have a price range in mind? Do you want the mountains? Lakes? Flat land?

Old 07-07-2010, 09:18 PM

2 posts, read 2,900 times
Hello Tennesseans, my husband and I was on vacation visited one of our daughter's in N.C. loved it there, & we have some friends that live in knoxvill TN. love, loved it there, where we are curently we pay 900.00 a month for rent we want so bad to move there, willing to face the challenge to do it. We also have to sons that are 16yrs old & 19yrs old both are heavy into sports (football) we would like a nice home preferbly with a basement (finished) not cityish please no big city for us great schools some malls near by & lots of nice people that Love the Lord God almighty can you help us nice church near by.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:51 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Originally from the northeast, I've lived in Knoxville for five years and love it. It seems more like a large town than a city and should suit your needs. Our unemployment rate is 8 percent and one of the best in the state and the lowest of the largest MSAs. Of course, you will not want to move until you find jobs. I would suggest that you start looking here first. Best of luck to you!

Knoxville News Sentinel: Local Knoxville, Tennessee News Delivered Throughout the Day.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:09 PM

6 posts, read 10,010 times
Clarksville,tn is a nice big town,not as big as Memphis or Nashville but still growing with nice affordable homes in nice communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee