Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2007, 07:52 PM

6 posts, read 12,876 times

Advertisements

I was in a bad accident a couple of years ago and was pretty much forced to retire at a young age.(if you concider 35 young!) And I can't thnk of a better place to start a new life at than Tennessee! Only problem, I have no help, no friends, no idea how to go about moving and can use any advice available! It would be very much apprciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 08:13 PM

52 posts, read 154,478 times
well..it kinda depends on you...I dont know the limits of your physical ablities (wheelchair bound,full paralasys,walking with assistance or if your bedridden)

contact the county that your looking at moving to and ask to see if theres any type of contact/office to help disabled individuals relocate..

if your financialy able..there are several comapies that will arrive at your residance,carefully pack your things,load the truck,deliver them and unpack them..fairly hands off move..

and IIRC (If I recall correctly) all landlords are required to make reasonable attempts to making properites accessable for individuals that have specific needs..

thats all I can give you with the info given..

Old 02-26-2007, 08:22 PM

458 posts, read 1,272,045 times
Default Question

May I ask why Tennessee? I mean, if it weren't for job or family. Just curious.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:55 PM

I have metal rods in my ankle, wich makes it hard being on my feet for any length of time. I have my good days and bad days. just alot of internal damage, and broken (shattered) bones, but other than that I am fairly healthy. I own my own home in mich. and I want to sell and buy a home in Tenn. Unfortunately, I probably will have to hire movers, I just hate to because I am the type of person that I want to do it myself. I worked construction for 10 years before my accident and it's hard trying to adjust to the fact that I HAVE to have help now!

Old 02-26-2007, 08:59 PM

peace of mind! And a lot better place to finish raising a teen daughter at than the Detroit area of Mich.!!!!!

Old 02-26-2007, 09:12 PM

52 posts, read 154,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmheart View Post
peace of mind! And a lot better place to finish raising a teen daughter at than the Detroit area of Mich.!!!!!
YEP.,..I got a buddy that lives near there..and he worries for his kids..and his girls are SMART..but all it takes is one person..I have a 3yr old..and I would do unspeakable things to someone who TRIES to hurt her..let alone if someone DOES hurt her..

I dont look at hiring movers as "not doing it myself"...I look at it like a gift to MYSELF and not havin to lug all my stuff AGAIN..

have you thought about getting your degree in construction engineering?? you have construction background...and God knows construction workers need someone designing/consulting on the buildings..(ever have an engineer tell you something will fit..even when you show him it WONT??)..its always nice to have someone with experiance!!..that way you can be on/off your feet when you need to..

Old 02-26-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioT View Post
YEP.,..I got a buddy that lives near there..and he worries for his kids..and his girls are SMART..but all it takes is one person..I have a 3yr old..and I would do unspeakable things to someone who TRIES to hurt her..let alone if someone DOES hurt her..

I dont look at hiring movers as "not doing it myself"...I look at it like a gift to MYSELF and not havin to lug all my stuff AGAIN..

have you thought about getting your degree in construction engineering?? you have construction background...and God knows construction workers need someone designing/consulting on the buildings..(ever have an engineer tell you something will fit..even when you show him it WONT??)..its always nice to have someone with experiance!!..that way you can be on/off your feet when you need to..
My daughter is a 2nd degree black belt, so I know she can protect herself, but she's starting to develope a really bad attitude and if I don't get her away from this area, she's going to end up in trouble. She's 15 so she's still young enough to learn a better lifestyle. Everyone I've ever seen in Tenn. has always been nice, sweet polite people. That's what I want for my daughter, to have a better outlook in life. I need to help her find a collage for journalism. She's too smart and has too much going for her right now plus I don't want her to have to learn the hard way like I have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee