Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 07:10 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times

Advertisements

Clifty Farms is showing ads on TV and there is a guy on there that I assume is the patriarch of the family. He seems very nice and I love the homey feel of the ads. How is it to work at Clifty Farms? Anyone know anything about the place or the family?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 11:50 PM

1 posts, read 4,446 times
They make the Pork Cracklins and Hams. The only trouble I can not get them in California

Old 08-01-2009, 02:24 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,206,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Evans View Post
They make the Pork Cracklins and Hams. The only trouble I can not get them in California
Try Rice's Country Hams in Mt. Juliet. They shipped anywhere and the cost isn't too bad considering a ham is about a 16-pound item. The hams are only available at certain times of the year, starting in October.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:04 PM

21 posts, read 455,760 times
While in Paris I was purchasing a ham to take home and the clerk at the store had worked there. She said she couldn't work there because she couldn't deal with the "butchering". Of course, a lot of people on this board wouldn't have a problem with it. How else would that meat end up on our table?

Old 10-12-2009, 10:23 AM

3 posts, read 12,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLCRI View Post
While in Paris I was purchasing a ham to take home and the clerk at the store had worked there. She said she couldn't work there because she couldn't deal with the "butchering". Of course, a lot of people on this board wouldn't have a problem with it. How else would that meat end up on our table?
That is not true. They do not butcher anything. They bring in fresh hams and cure them but no killing is done on sight. Not sure why someone would tell you that.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:24 AM

Clifty Farm hams can be shipped anywhere as well. Goto [URL="http://www.cliftyfarm.com"]www.cliftyfarm.com[/URL] Great and easy to use website.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:26 AM

He is the president of Clifty Farm and his father began the business there in the 50s. His son and son in law are also directly involved in the company and their families are the others you seen in the commercials. I work for Clifty in sales in Middle TN so I am pretty familar with everything there. Wonderful people and company to work for...

Old 10-12-2009, 05:51 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berry1510 View Post
He is the president of Clifty Farm and his father began the business there in the 50s. His son and son in law are also directly involved in the company and their families are the others you seen in the commercials. I work for Clifty in sales in Middle TN so I am pretty familar with everything there. Wonderful people and company to work for...
Where are the hams coming from?

Old 10-12-2009, 08:54 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,206,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Where are the hams coming from?
Hogs.

;-) Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Actually, I would guess they get them from one of the local slaughter houses, or arrange to buy the hogs from local farmers and to have them butchered before they go to Clifty Farm.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:07 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Hogs.

;-) Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Actually, I would guess they get them from one of the local slaughter houses, or arrange to buy the hogs from local farmers and to have them butchered before they go to Clifty Farm.
Wise guy, huh?

Yeah. I'm hoping they are local and not from an agricorps business. Otherwise, what would be the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee