Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 07:32 PM

34 posts, read 59,787 times

Advertisements

Well I live in delaware now, me and my wife have decided to move to TN. What should I know before we move? Are there any places I should look job in particular? Any place better than another to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 08:05 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,314,459 times
Hmmm..well TN is a long state. Tell us a little (ok, a lot) more about what you are looking for in a home town. Do you have children or plan to have children and need schools? What kind of jobs are you looking for? What amenities do you want/need relatively close to you? How far are you willing to commute? Do you want to live in a city or out in the country?
All these and any other info will help us help you better.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:42 PM

Looking for a small town to live like where I live now, pop...around 1500. We have one child, 7 mo. boy. schools def. I'm a FF/EMT now but also willing to go back to driving truck, CDL B. Wife is a librarian. Only amenities is a town with the essentials Wal-Mart...lol Can commute to work 1-2 hours max. And I liked to live in the country. But also willing to live in town. Not much for the city life.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:36 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,488 times
I've heard Moss, TN is a fine small town

Old 09-25-2008, 07:09 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,383,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinFF72 View Post
Looking for a small town to live like where I live now, pop...around 1500. We have one child, 7 mo. boy. schools def. I'm a FF/EMT now but also willing to go back to driving truck, CDL B. Wife is a librarian. Only amenities is a town with the essentials Wal-Mart...lol Can commute to work 1-2 hours max. And I liked to live in the country. But also willing to live in town. Not much for the city life.
There are many places like that in TN. Is weather a consideration? I live in the mountains because I can't stand the summer heat and humidity. I am also biased towards east TN, anywhere east of Nashville, JMO.

Good luck in your search. TN is a beautiful state. Keep asking more specific questions and the people here will help as much as they can. The people are great on this forum.

Lisa

Old 09-25-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
There are many places like that in TN. Is weather a consideration? I live in the mountains because I can't stand the summer heat and humidity. I am also biased towards east TN, anywhere east of Nashville, JMO.

Good luck in your search. TN is a beautiful state. Keep asking more specific questions and the people here will help as much as they can. The people are great on this forum.

Lisa
Weather isn't much of a consideration. Mostly because the weather here in Delaware is awful and I'm used to high heat and humidity and nasty winters. Not to mention tornado's, hurricanes, storm that blow the socks off small children...lol

Old 09-25-2008, 01:20 PM

105 posts, read 521,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinFF72 View Post
You almost described Adamsville, (1500 people) but we don't have Wal-Mart.

There is one in each of the towns east and west of us that are 10 to 15 minutes away and one in each of the towns north and south of us that are approx 30 minutes each way.

We do have a Dollar General Store and our two fast food restaurants are Jacks and Sonic.

Oh yes, we have one traffic light in town. Woo-Hoo!!

Old 09-25-2008, 05:20 PM

4 posts, read 10,568 times
White House, Springfield, Portland, & Greenbriar are all small towns, also White Bluff is a very small town. Best place to look for work is Nashville and travel time would be anywhere between 45min to an hour due to traffic. Also these towns are all country towns. I live in Portland and used to work in Green Hills took me about 45 mins to get to work.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:52 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times
You might want to consider Blount County. The towns in it are Maryville, Alcoa, Townsend, Walland, parts of Friendsville, Greenback, etc. I know of a guy that lives in Blount County from Delaware and he likes it a lot here.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:22 PM

Anyone know anything about Morristown?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee