Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2009, 01:32 PM

7 posts, read 14,766 times

Advertisements

I am interested in relocation to TN from Wisconsin and need some help finding what I'm looking for. The town would need to be small, with a mild climate (occasional snow is OK).

My fiance and I are going to need to rent a house that allows pets since I have a large Lab and indoor kitties. Within the first year, we are going to purchase some land to build a home on.

We have no children and I am interested in animal rescue, organic gardening and sustainability. My fiance works for himself in the construction industry and I work from home so jobs and schools aren't really important.

A good veterinary clinic/hospital is a must within a half hours drive. We pretty much keep to ourselves so nosy neighbors wouldn't appeal to us.

We would like to be in a community that respects animals and treats them well. Shopping isn't too important but a store with staple goods would be nice to have close by.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 06:52 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,279,929 times
I sent you a private message with some info regarding A Place to Bark in Portland, TN.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:53 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thebuddies View Post
I am interested in relocation to TN from Wisconsin and need some help finding what I'm looking for. The town would need to be small, with a mild climate (occasional snow is OK).

My fiance and I are going to need to rent a house that allows pets since I have a large Lab and indoor kitties. Within the first year, we are going to purchase some land to build a home on.

We have no children and I am interested in animal rescue, organic gardening and sustainability. My fiance works for himself in the construction industry and I work from home so jobs and schools aren't really important.

A good veterinary clinic/hospital is a must within a half hours drive. We pretty much keep to ourselves so nosy neighbors wouldn't appeal to us.

We would like to be in a community that respects animals and treats them well. Shopping isn't too important but a store with staple goods would be nice to have close by.

What is your definition of a small town? What population size are you talking about?

Old 02-19-2009, 08:45 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,426,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thebuddies View Post

Sounds to me like you need to be near one of the bigger cities. I do rescue work and live in Van Buren county. We've got a big house on lots of land and views to die for. Unfortunately people respect animals less than cow patties here. It makes doing rescue work very difficult. I wind up having to send the vast majority of my rescues to a friend that does rescue work in northern VA. People there have a very different mentality when it comes to them.

I love where I live and can't imagine leaving. The only down side is how animals are treated. It's been the absolute hardest thing to get used to.

Feel free to contact me anytime. Not sure what questions I can answer for you. I'm vaguely familiar with Murfreesboro and Nashville. Might be able to give you some info on those areas.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:39 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,875,245 times
Thumbs up Soddy Daisy ,

4b: What you asked for can be found in the town of Soddy -Daisy. New animal hospital just build at Rt #27 & Sequoia rd . Near BI-LO & Hometown inn.
..Up on the plateau, Poe Rd, should be more elbow room for animals, farming, etc.
.... Organic garden / farm can be viewed at Williams Island, just west of Chattanooga, across from Baylor academy school . Here is link for Gorge Trust . Tennessee River Gorge Trust Tennessee River Gorge Trust . lower right might be the WINTER newsletter.
. New book "BORN COUNTRY" biography about Randy Owen, lead singer / songwriter for 25 year success band "ALABAMA" lives Fort Payne Alabama and rear of book talkes about his animal rescue project .!
. Sorry for the delay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee