Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2006, 12:43 AM

3 posts, read 11,159 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone one, I'm relocating from Winter Haven, Florida to middle Tennessee. I'm tired of Florida's heat, flat land, love bugs and no seasonal changes. I've got employment lined up at StoneCreast Hospital in Smyrna, TN. I love and raise Tennessee Walkers and I think I found a home in Manchester and wanted to receive input on the area. I know the drive to Smyrna will be horrible but it's a foot in the door type thing. I'm single and I want to be in a safe area. Any input will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2006, 07:07 PM

10 posts, read 47,608 times
manchester is a samll little town its ok fairly safe not much there for entertainment though. if your into the tennessee walkers have you thought about shelbyville? its the capital for the walkers. its horse country!! it will take you about an hour to get to smyrna depending on what time you have to be at work, traffic etc. shelbyville is also in the process of building a new hospital.

Old 12-01-2006, 04:07 AM

3 posts, read 11,159 times
Yeah, I didn't have any luck on finding housing that I could afford for me and the 4 legged big kids. I figure I'll tough out the drive until I get settled.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:58 PM

2 posts, read 10,447 times
Thumbs up Hello from Beautiful Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by renrn99 View Post
Hey everyone one, I'm relocating from Winter Haven, Florida to middle Tennessee. I'm tired of Florida's heat, flat land, love bugs and no seasonal changes. I've got employment lined up at StoneCreast Hospital in Smyrna, TN. I love and raise Tennessee Walkers and I think I found a home in Manchester and wanted to receive input on the area. I know the drive to Smyrna will be horrible but it's a foot in the door type thing. I'm single and I want to be in a safe area. Any input will be appreciated.
Well I came here on a whim to visit a friend, , fell in love with the town, found a great house on the river and 7 years later I love it even more. Come, enjoy, don't expect too much or anything too fast, dress for the present. The weather is clean air, shorts most days a few months of long pants, we layer up here, have not used my winter coat in 7 years. You will not be lonely here , it just might give you time to clear your thoughts, think of new things you would like to try, finding yourself again, liking you and new friends will abound. come aboard. Now if you come along the Duck river and you hear a lady quacking like a duck, that just might be me calling a flock of feather friends I have made on this beautiful peaceful river. They will be calling back to me as they know I will be on my deck throwing down there treats of bread. ...... Sally

Old 03-19-2007, 08:58 PM

506 posts, read 1,463,662 times
Well, I have been to Manchester a couple times. One time being Bonnaroo Music Festival. It is a 3 day music festival put on every June (kind of similar to a modern day Woodstock). Other than that, I don't have much to put into the town. We camped a couple days before the festival at a nearby campground and it was very nice. Anyway, it seemed to be a nice country town if that is what you are looking for with nice folks.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee