Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 10:23 AM

630 posts, read 2,426,941 times

Advertisements

Hey, we did it!
My husband put in for his transfer, and we'll be driving down next Friday.
He'll talk to the Postmaster the first week in April.
The house will go on the market tomorrow.
I'm cleaning and decluttering the house like mad.

A house down the street, just like ours sold in 10 days.
I just noticed another house a few blocks from here, just sold.. it wasn't on the market long.

I know there have been quite a few people moving to Minnesota.. so, hopefully, one of them, or someone already here will fall in love with our house and buy it.

I talked to my husband this morning, and he was actually happy....
He talked to his Mom yesterday and she said that it was the right thing to do.
Our plan is that if the transfer comes through before the house sells, one of our sons will drive down with him, and me and my youngest will stay here to sell the house.
If the house sells first, well, we'll just have to wing it until the transfer comes through.
There are two openings in Springfield, one in White House, and two in Clarksville, we should get one of them.

I'm soooooooooo excited......

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2007, 10:29 AM

64 posts, read 242,198 times
Default Good for you...

How exciting to have spent time doing your homework, then taking actual steps towards your dream. Good for you guys!

I'm driving down for a looksee in June, and plan to move sometime in July. Put my business up for sale yesterday and felt no regrets, only relief & happy that someone else can take over from here.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:37 AM

Oh, I did a lot of homework.
A lot of searching, and watching the market.
I got pamphlets and maps, and all kinds of goodies from the Chambers of Commerce in the areas that we were interested in.
I joined this Forum, and found even more information about the area that we like.
Finally, decided on an area.
It had to be close to my Dad, cause, we want to be near him.
We took one step at a time.
The house is going on the market tomorrow.
I talked to the Postmaster for my husband and he said to put in for the transfer now. So, we did that.
The rest will just happen when it happens.

Our 7 year old is really excited. She has a friend that lives in Smyrna, and we'll be about 45 minutes from her.

We are baby boomers, too young to retire... who still have a 7 year old at home, and grown children already out in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleI View Post
How exciting to have spent time doing your homework, then taking actual steps towards your dream. Good for you guys!

I'm driving down for a looksee in June, and plan to move sometime in July. Put my business up for sale yesterday and felt no regrets, only relief & happy that someone else can take over from here.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:42 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,257,272 times
I am so happy for you! Congrats and don't forget about us and keep us updated on the move and how you enjoy your new home in TN!

Old 03-21-2007, 10:43 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,154,037 times
I hope it's as nice when you come as it is now. It's an absolutely beautiful day; about 70 degrees and sunny. And the trees are flowering and just starting to leaf out.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:17 AM

13,337 posts, read 39,775,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBound View Post
Hey, we did it!
My husband put in for his transfer, and we'll be driving down next Friday.
He'll talk to the Postmaster the first week in April.
The house will go on the market tomorrow.
I'm cleaning and decluttering the house like mad.

A house down the street, just like ours sold in 10 days.
I just noticed another house a few blocks from here, just sold.. it wasn't on the market long.

I know there have been quite a few people moving to Minnesota.. so, hopefully, one of them, or someone already here will fall in love with our house and buy it.

I talked to my husband this morning, and he was actually happy....
He talked to his Mom yesterday and she said that it was the right thing to do.
Our plan is that if the transfer comes through before the house sells, one of our sons will drive down with him, and me and my youngest will stay here to sell the house.
If the house sells first, well, we'll just have to wing it until the transfer comes through.
There are two openings in Springfield, one in White House, and two in Clarksville, we should get one of them.

I'm soooooooooo excited......

Congratulations!!! I sure hope it works out for you and that everything works out for you. (Hopefully, you won't have to move in the middle of summer...)

Old 03-21-2007, 11:21 AM

Thanks, mbmouse,
I'll still be on this forum for awhile.
I tell you one thing, I haven't seen my husband this happy in a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse
I am so happy for you! Congrats and don't forget about us and keep us updated on the move and how you enjoy your new home in TN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
I hope it's as nice when you come as it is now. It's an absolutely beautiful day; about 70 degrees and sunny. And the trees are flowering and just starting to leaf out.
Yea, I'm hoping it will be nice.
Anything will be better than what we have today. It's cold and drizzly and dreary outside.
Another "typical" Minnesota day.
It's supposed to be Spring, but, there's still snow on the ground and it's cold.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:34 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,391,288 times
Any spare moments spent snapping pictures and sharing them with us would be mighty nice too!

Remember the rest of us who are relegated to only daydream about Tennessee!

I'm headed down in May myself for a visit, and can't wait!

Old 03-21-2007, 12:46 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,154,037 times
For any of you coming down in June, there's a couple of big music festivals. One is the CMA Music Festival in Nashville, and Bonnaroo near Manchester. Bonnaroo is the Tennessee version of Woodstock.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:53 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,477,019 times
Where are you two moving too? My husband too is a mailman, and when we decide to move, first he will be trying to go through the mutual exchange thing, just so that he doesn't have to go back to being a PTF, being as he is a regular. But if that doesn't work, he will be going through the transferring too on ereassign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee