Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Jza

259 posts, read 379,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Yes, you can turn right at a red light after coming to a complete stop unless it's posted otherwise.
Just found another answer to one of my Q's. Thanks JMT. Also I could talk about how much I hate NJ drivers but there's enough Jersey bashing in the NJ forum already. I've never been in an accident and frankly, I am amazed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 04:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,603 times
Can you turn right on a red arrow that is at a 45 degree angle?

Old 07-30-2009, 08:18 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack sterling View Post
Can you turn right on a red arrow that is at a 45 degree angle?
Are you referring to traffic lights such as those used in certain European countries?

Old 07-30-2009, 09:27 PM

235 posts, read 774,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
That's one thing that used to drive me crazy about living in Memphis: after the light turned yellow (and even red) about 4-5 cars continued to turn left. I mean, ALL THE TIME. I'd never seen that anywhere else in Tennessee. I finally decided I wasn't going to be like that, so I would sit defiantly in the left-turn lane and not move after the light turned yellow. Drivers behind me would start honking their horns and giving me dirty looks, but I refused to do it.

One thing that drives me crazy about something a lot of people around here do: they'll turn on their blinkers if the car IN FRONT of them is turning.

Hey JMT sounds like youve been to Jackson,I swear I belive they got there license for a krackerjack box!!

Old 07-31-2009, 02:08 PM

2,172 posts, read 4,624,598 times
In most areas of the United States, it is also legal to make some left turns on red. In all cases, the road being turned onto must be one-way. Making a left-turn on red from a two-way street is legal in only five states: Alaska, Idaho, Michigan, Oregon, and Washington. In Washington, freeway on-ramps are considered one-way streets for the purposes of the left turn on red law.

In 37 other states and Puerto Rico, it is legal to make a left turn on red only from a one-way street to another one-way street.

Left turns on red are prohibited in the states of South Dakota (unless permitted by local ordinance), Connecticut, Maine, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, and Rhode Island and in the District of Columbia and Guam, as well as in New York City, unless a sign indicates otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee