Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 01:24 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,229,888 times

Advertisements

jmarkey, those are "Red Bud" trees, I know, who ever picked that name are color blind! You can't get more purple in nature hahahahaha just wait until the dogwoods (just to the right on that pic you posted) are in full bloom next to the Red Bud, Awesome!
Hiknapster, no those pears don't have fruit, nor do the flowering plum and weeping cherry that are also blooming right now. Well, I say they don't but I did see some of the plums that were close to bee hives that were FULL of fruit one year, my mom made some yummy jam out of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpartner View Post
I pushed you over the edge, huh? LOL
It wasn't you,or anyone on the forum trust me
But I have a few underwriters I'd like to get my hands on LOL!!!!
Sorry, I was just joking with the other guy about the video, I didn't mean to have my days frustration flow over into my typing, my bad and I apologize.
Oh, and just a note, I came out the victor with the underwriter so I feel better now LOL!!!!

Old 03-29-2007, 02:01 PM

661 posts, read 2,885,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
jmarkey, those are "Red Bud" trees, I know, who ever picked that name are color blind! You can't get more purple in nature hahahahaha just wait until the dogwoods (just to the right on that pic you posted) are in full bloom next to the Red Bud, Awesome!
Hiknapster, no those pears don't have fruit, nor do the flowering plum and weeping cherry that are also blooming right now. Well, I say they don't but I did see some of the plums that were close to bee hives that were FULL of fruit one year, my mom made some yummy jam out of them.
Thanks, mbmouse. My husband and I have been trying to figure out what they were.

They just cover some of the hills around here and it's something to see. So pretty!

Old 03-29-2007, 02:07 PM

661 posts, read 2,885,823 times
Oh, and just to show what a senior day I'm having, we were also wondering what the elusive "red bud tree" is and where to spot some.

Duh

Old 03-29-2007, 02:16 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,505,086 times
Default weeping cherry-

Quote:
I wanted to see if I could finally post a picture

East TN Spring Pics!-ebay-easter-pix7-1-2006-57.jpg

Old 03-29-2007, 02:21 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,330,116 times
Gorgeous photos!! It looks like we will be moving to NW Georgia instead of East TN, but heck its still alot closer than Maine is!!!
I'm still looking at snow, brown grass and bare trees.
Thanks for sharing,

Old 03-30-2007, 09:45 AM

20 posts, read 64,743 times
Quote:
Sounds good to me!

Where did you hear that NE TN was cloudy a lot? I have lived here more than 10 years now, I wouldn't consider there are an over abundance of cloudy days.
Well that was probably me mis-reading the chart. I was looking at the city-data on JC and comparing it to where I am in Arkansas. It looked like it would be cloudy out there. I am glad to hear that it's not- I love the sunshine. Also it seems to have very good temeratures - not TOO cold in the winter, and just enough snow (for me at least), and not too hot in the summer, but warm with the humidity. Does it get over 100 degress a lot out there?

Old 03-30-2007, 10:02 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,693,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Thanks for posting the pictures! I love looking at your pictures, it makes me want to go pack and move, as if I already didn't want to. We just need to find jobs. My screen says I love NC but I also love Tennessee.
Yes they sure are pretty... but some warning ILNC.

You probably can't get pretty spring blooms without a few days getting up to and over 70 F. We've had the odd day or two in the low 60's F but that's still not warm enough to make anything look pretty.

Warm, not cool, sunny days are responsible for this.
(However nights often cool fast in TN and Carolinas; it might be 70 something in the day, but it's probably between 40-55 at night.)

This is only from what I know from studying climate.
Tennesseeans, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:27 AM

CC: No, you are correct, it gets to almost 80 in the day and mid 40's and 50's at night.

KML: 90's is about as high as it gets here and that is only for about a week or so end of July, begining of August.

Old 03-31-2007, 08:57 AM

33 posts, read 118,447 times
Red face Thanks MB

I'll be packing bags end of April. Can't wait!! JC Looks truly beautiful
And there are still cows roaming around there!!
In Fla they kicked em out and built another condo or skyscaper.
The blooms are so pretty thanks youve made my day!!!
Terry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee